Favorite song from Even Worse

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I can see why you don't like that one.  After all, you still haven't come around to I'm So sick Of You. (Or have you?)  

No, not yet. I just can't seem to get past thinking of it like this:

1. Men do sometimes say insulting things to, and about, women they've lost interest in.

2. I just can't imagine Al doing so. If he found himself thinking something along those lines at any time during all those single years, I feel confident that he managed to keep it tucked behind his teeth until the impulse passed. He seems able to treat people with respect even under provocation.

3. Nevertheless, I can't see any real difference between "I'm So Sick of You" and the phenomenon in #1 except that Al came up with a much more creative array of insults. If there's some comic twist or altered viewpoint, some new light cast on the phenomenon, some turning the whole thing inside out or upside down, I'm missing it.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

QUOTE Maybe one reason that Good Old Days is so unsettling is the implication that little Mr. Pulling-Wings-Off-Flies got off scot-free

I've always imagined if there was a video clip, it'd zoom out at the end and you'd see he was in a prison cell. Helps me sleep a little better at night.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE QUOTE Maybe one reason that Good Old Days is so unsettling is the implication that little Mr. Pulling-Wings-Off-Flies got off scot-free

I've always imagined if there was a video clip, it'd zoom out at the end and you'd see he was in a prison cell. Helps me sleep a little better at night.

Thanks, that does help. It makes sense... if "those were the good old days" it suggests that these days are not. Bring on the bread and water!
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

"You Make Me"
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Melanie. That is one of Al's best originals, and I just can't get it out of my head. I think I'm going crazy! :P
the8thark
Occasional

Post by the8thark »

In order my favs are:

1. I think i'm a clone now
2. Melanie
3. Six Words Long
4. Lasagna
5. Good old Days
6. Alimony
7. Fat
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

They're all great but I've always liked You Make Me and Stuck in a Closet With Vanna White the best, just above Fat and Melanie.

ききます
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wardie
Regular

Post by Wardie »

You Make Me was probably the best song from Even Worse. Fat is good but it's not as good without the video.

Anyway, You Make Me has great lines.

"You make me wanna hide a weasel in my shorts
You make me wanna phone home
You make me wanna write a thousand book reports
Then pack myself in styrofoam"

:D
Yessewha?
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Even Worse is easily my fave ALbum, so it's very hard for me to pick one favorite song since I love so many of them!

If I really had to pick one favorite, I would go with the hit of the album, Fat.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;