Fat

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hey, a reason to buy an MJ compilation? I'll have to think about it.
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

The one line I don't get in Fat is "When I go to get my shoes shined/I gotta take their word". What did Al mean by 'take their word'? :huh:
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ May 26 2005, 06:56 PM wrote: The one line I don't get in Fat is "When I go to get my shoes shined/I gotta take their word". What did Al mean by 'take their word'? :huh:
He means that he has to believe what they say about his shoes (being so fat, one would be unable to see for themselves, so they need other people to tell them).
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

:whoot: *lightbulb* OOOOOOOHH, now I get it! Thanks! :D

~Steph
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Dr_Dad @ Oct 3 2004, 02:34 AM wrote: In fact, this "Bad" video started out as a 16 minute mini-movie[!!] directed by none other than legendary "Goodfellas" director Martin Scorsese! [And if you DO see this long version of "Bad", you will understand and appreciate the beginning sequence in black and white of "Fat" SO much better!! Like the "Is that what they teach you in that little sissy school of yours?" line ... :lol: ] Go find "Bad" on launch.com, or buy one of the MJ compilation video releases ["Michael Jackson - Video Greatest Hits - HIStory", for instance, has the entire "Bad" video-movie].
Theres a 16 minute version of Bad?? :huh: I have the Bad video but its only about 4:20 seconds. Unless you meant the Thriller video. Thats close to 16 minutes, though its actually 13 minutes.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

No, Dr. Dad is right. There was a longer version of Bad, where Michael confronts some old friends. There's even a sort of chanting thing going on with all the back-up dancers, IIRC. The very beginning of the Fat video parodies part of that 16 minute "mini-movie", as Dr. Dad called it.

btw, where are you, Dr. Dad? I miss ya!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I first heard of this song when I first saw the 1996 ALTV special. When I saw that special, I noticed that Al's parodies followed the music videos that they were parodies of, but I didn't pay much attention to the titles of the original songs until later as I'd watched a bit of the special. By time the Bad music videow as shown, I started speculating what the parody would be called... And I was wrong. I guessed that maybe the Bad parody would be called Sad or Mad. I was way off.

And when I saw the Gangstas paradise music video in that special, I thought mayeb Al's parody would be called Gangsters Paradise (I didn't know they were the same thing, just with different spellings).
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

algonacchick @ Jul 14 2004, 04:48 PM wrote: Al uses a different joke with ho! in concert
And he's just darn lucky he got away with it in Australia.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

That's ... I hate political correctness.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Fat's hilarious.

The video adds even more to the song, though. Makes it even more hilarious. Every time I hear the song I automatically think of the video.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.