Christmas At Ground Zero

Moderator: Moderators

sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

But there was a lack of ALness. Even though, I still love the video and always loved the song.
Even though I voted Favorite Xmas Song, I might have to give that to Mr. Garrison's Merry ...Christmas song. Or South Park Silver Bells.
Mmmmmmkay?
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

That's "Carol of the Bells," Sarley, not "Silver Bells." SB is a completely different song. My personal favorite is "Lonely Jew On Christmas."

Anyway, while we have this poll open, what is everyone's favorite AL Christmas song? TNSWC or C@GZ. It would seem silly to start a whole new poll on the subject, so we might as well have that discussion here.

Although the lyrics of TNSWC are much more clever and original, C@GZ has more of a classic Christmas sound, which is why I like that song so much. TNSWC doesn't really sound very Christmassy without the lyrics. It kind of sounds like Soul Asylum. ;) It sounded better, IMO, in concert with the "jingle bells" playing along. What do you guys think?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

When I heard this story when I was really young, before I was into Al, I didn't know who was singing it. Years later when I finally got Polka Party I was pleasantly suprised to now know that a childhood favorite was by Al. Great Song.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I was 26 when C@GZ came out, and I must have had a mental thing happening, since I liked the song, but the siren at the end always freaked me out. After hearing that song, and TNSWC, I fully understand why Scotti Bros. never pestered Al for a Christmas ALbum. Although I'd love one...
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

I laughed immediately when i checked the lyrics and then heard the 30-second sound sample. (Yes!) Absolutely brilliant! A classicAL song indeed. Definitely NOT the best Christmas song ever, that would be wicked, but a masterpiece. And I love the first variant in this poll, it's soooooo howingly FUNNY!!! :lol:

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

What does everyone think about Christmas at Ground Zero? It's, in my opinion a really funny song. Did you like the song? How 'bout the video? Al was hardly in it at all? What do you think of the song and the video? Just curious ;)
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

The song is GREAT! But the video was just OK, you can't compare it with Fat or DTBS or UHF.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

The video had it's moments but it wasn't that great. The song was really good though. Did anyone but me like the third verse?:

Now you might hear some reindeer on your rooftop
Or Jack Frost on your window sill
But if someone's coming down your chimney
You better load your gun and shoot to kill
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I thought it was clever, yet the theme is chilling (no pun intended). The video is good, but it's really not the best Al has ever made.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

I thought the video had some really well-chosen stock footage.
"Wow, another triple negative!"