Here's Johnny

Moderator: Moderators

TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

I mean, It's one of the weaker ones on Polka Party, but at least it's not Toothless People :oo . I got used to it (Here's Johnny.) Anybody else?
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I love that song. In fact, it's probably my second favorite parody on the album (first is LWAH). I think a lot of people overlook that song because it is one of his few songs from the 80s that doesn't hold up that well over time. You really have to have seen the old Tonight Show with Johnny and Ed to get most of the jokes in the song. It also helps if you've seen "Short Circuit" many many times like I have! :D
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Personally I don't like this song. Cause it's kind of an annoying song. And one of the only ones that I skip over.
Al team # 2836
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

There are two "L"s in "personally, an apostrophe in "don't," and an "N" in "an." :D
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Ok is that better? Now can we get back on topic please? :)
Al team # 2836
Kitten
Obsessed

Post by Kitten »

Never heard toothless people im going to when i get the cd.
w00t
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

I love Here's Johnny! It's been one of my favorites since I got Polka Party. I would say it's probably my third favorite on the album (after C@GZ and LWAH). I agree with BTD that most people overlook it because it didn't stand the test of time, but I think part of that is because everyone has forgotten the original song. I had no idea it was a parody until a few years ago (thanks Scotti Bros. for being cheap :censored: and not issuing any liner notes). Anyway, Here's Johnny is highly underrated, and well-deserving of a spot on PR:AITB.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

To be honest, and I will probably get in trouble for saying it. But its odd to hear Al singing about Ed McMahon. Believe me I know Al isn't gay. But if a non-Al fan heard that song. I think that they would get the wrong impression.
Al team # 2836
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Just because he says, "You know I love him"? He doesn't mean it in a sexual way. You'd have to be pretty ignorant if you think about the song that way.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

You dont get my point. Just listen to the song. And like I said I know Al isnt gay. So please dont call me stupid. That's flaming. All I'm saying is that its a odd song that's all. Ok?
Al team # 2836