One More Minute Live

Moderator: Moderators

joseyklein
Obsessed

One More Minute Live

Post by joseyklein »

Out of all the years, one of Al's more popular songs disappeared in his live set.. he played it until about mid Poodle Hat Tour if memory serves... now my question is.. was there an official response from Al or TBITB as to why its not performed anymore.. it wasn't retired, it just suddenly stopped being played mid-tour... does anyone, wowayers or band/al know the real reason why?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Heds
Obsessed

Re: One More Minute Live

Post by Heds »

I'm unsure if this was just an exclusive for "Weird Al" Yankovic LIVE! (didn't even exist back then, how do I tell the tale?) or if I'm thinking about another thing, but before OMM was played, Al would tell a story about how his mum told him something (I forgot... will need to check up on that again). Possibly after his parents died it was just extremely hard for him to do that and I guess that was just something he liked to do, so rather than having to go into tears while telling that story, and because it kind of just a massive highlight, I guess there was no choice other than cutting it out.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

It was replaced with Wanna B Ur Lovr as the song where Al goes out into the audience. OMM was probably performed at every show from 1985-2003. Al's parents died in 2004, so OMM was dropped before that. I miss OMM, it's my favorite Al song. WBUL, not
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

weird_el wrote:It was replaced with Wanna B Ur Lovr as the song where Al goes out into the audience. OMM was probably performed at every show from 1985-2003. Al's parents died in 2004, so OMM was dropped before that. I miss OMM, it's my favorite Al song. WBUL, not
Aaah, thanks for correcting me. I don't think we exactly know when it was dropped, but I'd say circa 2003-2004ish.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

At a certain point he was playing both OMM and WBUL then OMM was dropped.. I've heard there was a reason for it though.. just curious

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Im quite sure the reason is if had been performed for almost 20 years and there was no need for it once WBUL came out

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

One replaced the other, he never played both.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weird_el wrote:One replaced the other, he never played both.
No, I'm pretty certain both were played during the Poodle Hat Tour. But I don't recall if WBUL was an audience interaction song yet.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

TMBJon wrote:No, I'm pretty certain both were played during the Poodle Hat Tour. But I don't recall if WBUL was an audience interaction song yet.
I always assumed that WBUL replaced OMM as well. I looked up the set list... :detective:

THE POODLE HAT TOUR (2003-04)

Angry White Boy Polka
Party At The Leper Colony
Your Horoscope For Today
A Complicated Song
Melanie
One More Minute
Dog Eat Dog
It’s All About The Pentiums
Wanna B Ur Lovr
Trash Day
Medley:
Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies, Jerry Springer, Jurassic Park, Free Delivery, eBay, Theme From Rocky XIII, Ode To A Superhero, Lasagna, Pretty Fly For A Rabbi, My Bologna, Gump, Eat It
Smells Like Nirvana
Amish Paradise
Couch Potato
Fat
The Saga Begins
Yoda

If WBUL wasn't an audience interaction song, what was he doing for 6 minutes? Or was he going out in the audience for both? And so close to each other?

Man, now I wish I had gone to shows on the Poodle Hat tour. Come on, 3rd grader me! Up your game!!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I saw the Poodle Hat Tour in July 2003. He wasn't doing OMM then.