George Of The Jungle

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

George Of The Jungle

Post by scottidog »

I was just looking at the CDs I have (so far). GOTJ is the only WAY song that I know of that doesn't qualify as either a parody or a style parody. It really is more of a cover of the original isn't it? What's up with that? Is Al just a really big GOTJ fan?

And only just a little OT here: But if it's Brenden Fraser in a loin cloth, count me in as a GOTJ fan too. Oooo mama!
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

One of the many mysteries of this crazy, mixed-up univerce of ours!

*Da

:stupid:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Neither. Al did the theme song for the George of the Jungle cartoon. :)

Come on, I can't be the only one who watched that cartoon when they younger?

~mind wanders~ I loved that cartoon and my favorite part was the theme song too. If only I dug deeper when I was younger I could've been an Al fan then! :wow:

-CindyBob

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The song was already written when Al did it for the series, it was from the original one years before. Did they use it for the movie? I dont remember

Mike
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

~shakes head~ They never used it for the movie.

-CindyBob

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The closest it came to having anything to do with the movie (outside of being on the soundtrack album, of course) is it was used for commercials when the film went to pay-per-view.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: George Of The Jungle

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE I was just looking at the CDs I have (so far).  GOTJ is the only WAY song that I know of that doesn't qualify as either a parody or a style parody. It really is more of a cover of the original isn't it?

I read an old interview, done when the album was being recorded, and I believe Al called GOTJ a cover. And "Slime Creatures From Outer Space" "danceable." Hmmm... what would a playlist for an all-Al dance party look like?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I guess that's one more question for Ask Al. It's odd to me that it's the only song he didn't write at least the lyrics for.
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

The version of GOTJ that was used in film starring Brendan Fraser was performed by the Presidents of the United States of America, whom Al parodied with the song "Gump" ("Lump")...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was just looking at some Al lyrics to songs I haven't heard...

I said in my initial post that GOTJ is the only song I am aware of that isn't written by Al (other than the polkas but they don't count here, because his treatment of them makes them unique and funny.) At least it is humorous.

But I found a song that, while written by Al, is not funny. (I'm sure there are some mutant individuals out there that question the humor of any Al song, but since they aren't here, and since they obviously need serious psychiatric intervention, we won't worry about them...) More importantly, I don't think it was intended to be funny.

It is a song called "Take Me Down". I would like to hear it. Someday.