King Of Suede 45rpm Record?

Moderator: Moderators

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, since Eat It was a bigger song, publicly wise, they wanted to cross-breed a little bit, I figure. It's an awesome 45!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

:huh: Now, hang on there, folks.

Remember -- I said that image of Al in the glasses was NOT from the KOS picture sleeve [notice there are no color bars across it??]. THAT pic is a color picture from the article I mentioned in Rocks Faces magazine from August of 1984! It is the SAME picture as on the picture sleeve of KOS, but it was slightly larger and in color!

The reason the "Eat It" guys are there is because that's how the guy who did the layout for the magazine article WANTED it to be. It was just a photo montage for the article. The "Eat It" pic continues on the facing page [and has other Al images plus the beginning of the article's text]; note you can see Al's right arm on the edge of that page. It was NOT anything Al or the KOS photographer did. Yes, the layout artist wanted to juxtapose Al's "greatest hits" at the time ... which were essentially My Bologna, ILRR, Ricky, AORTB, Eat It, ILOJ, and KOS [and half of THOSE were probably not known by most of Middle America at the time ... or, heck, even NOW... ].

If need be, I can find the article again, and scan the facing page too. Hope that clears some things up. :)

Doc / Jim

Oh, and about the reflection in Sting's glasses? All I could find is this slightly larger promo photo of the Police for their Synchronicity album. It's not a LOT bigger, but it's looking more like a reflection of a window, maybe ... [squinting to look closer X* ] ... I dunno ... I'll keep looking for bigger pics ...
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I knew the photo with the Eat It guys in the background was from the magazine. I guess a somebody got confused. :F j/k

It would be cool to see the facing page, too!

Thanks again, Dr. Dad.

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

First comment in over 3 years! W00t!

I've always liked this parody. It's spot-on making fun of the original, and, as expected, Al takes the otherwise bland subject of clothes (if you're a woman, you may beg to differ), and makes it funny. An underrated classic, this one. Yet another reason why In 3-D is one of my favorite ALbums.
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Indeed, avesjohn. And when Al takes that overinflated mystical-metaphysical "Is my soul up there?" and turns it into "Is my size up there?" it just doesn't get any better than that.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.