Theme From Rocky XIII

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've always loved this song of Al's. I'm surprised that it doesn't have a topic yet. I've always thought that it was a clever way of saying how the Rocky movies would never really end. And in a sense, Al was right that that was where the series was going. Didn't Rocky Balboa start with Rocky in retirement owning a deli? Anyways, this is a great song of Al's. Discuss it here.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

People in their 20s will find this funny.
In like 5th grade, I thought of a good idea to parody this song: "Pie or the Geyser" about Nickelodeon Studios.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Excellent idea (I always thought I'd prefer the pie).
taste is only something if it is yours.
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

I like this song. I first heard a fraction of it - the middle chorus, I believe - as part of a medley of various songs in an AMV my dad downloaded. When I got In 3-D, and heard the rest of it - Had to laugh. Even though I've never actually seen any of the Rocky movies.

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

I have always had a soft spot for this song. Seems a bit poetic now with the latest Rocky.....Fat & weak ....

The other day when Emily & I were at the Spicks & Specks (TV show) taping -one of the games is a guess the song tune but the lyrics come from a text book or something & the other team (not Al's) had to guess this tune - which was The eye of the tiger - We knew better - it was Theme from Rocky XIII, but it wasn't mentioned.
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

along with the other two songs at the of the album, this is one of my favorite songs and one of the most underrated songs Al's done.

It probably helps that I really love the original, especially the whole build up at the beginning. I've never actually seen a single Rocky movie, but I can still appreciate this song as its concept can be extrapolated to other movie franchises that should have ended earlier ("Police Academy," "Batman," "X-Men," the Ernest movies, "Superman," "Jaws," and "Bad Boys" (yeah, I realize they only made two "Bad Boys," but the second one sucked so bad, they should have stopped after the first one).

BTW, Jon, I'm 28, I used to watch Nickelodeon all the time, but I don't get the "Pie or the Geyser" joke.
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

I haven't seen a rocky film either & I have always liked that song - I'm 37 so it was a current 'hit' played on our school bus. Plus my husband's football team (Aussie rules) are the tigers & they use that as their unofficial tune.
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Jeremy, in all of the game shows especially "What Would You Do" there used to be moments in which members of the studio audience had to choose between getting pied and getting slimed (supposedly, all slime was made from that geyser that used to flow outside of the studios).
I once visited the Studios when I was, I dunno, 7 or 8. During the tour I was the only one who could answer this trivia question and therefore was given the chance to be slimed: What was the name of the part of the Double Dare obstacle course that resembles a giant mouth?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I've always loved this song. The singing is very good, especially for that point in his career. The sound is very crisp and professional, as well.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This is definitely one of my favorites. It's so clever. "Try the rye or the kaiser or the wheat or the white." :lol: The entire song just cracks me up, especially hearing "wheat or the white" instead of "thrill of the fight".
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.