That Boy Could Dance

Moderator: Moderators

Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

I've never been a huge fan of this one, Im more into the jumpy, silly lyric songs.

But I do like the way its the typical Al scenario; The complete underdog becoming fantastic for a really random reason.

Very George Numan. :rolleyes:
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Your right!!!!!

Almost like waffle king too...

Exept you never realy hear that guys history, more just that he became famous for a realy random reason... Hmmm... I wonder if maybe subconsiously Al feels that his fame what somewhat random (NOT saying that it is mind you!) and then his subconsious urges his consious to write music/ movies about it... Hmm...

LEave it to me to analyze EVERYTHING!
Oh snap!
Pickle
Regular

Post by Pickle »

I don't have much constructive praise or criticism on this song, but I am among the ranks of those who find it a "weaker" song. Usually skippable for me, unless I'm in a 100% Have-to-listen-to-all-his-stuff mood.

Edited to not sound like a typical 12 year old but instead the 17 year old A student that I am. :F Don't know why it came out that way the first time. I'm tired and impatient lol.
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.
Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

lol omg, I dunno if this should be in the 'Life Imitating Al' post but, here goes..

I have a friend at school whos basically....vile in every way. Hes not bright, he cant sing or play music and hes pretty much hideous. Plus the fact he keeps hitting on me. But, I digress....

Hes gotta be one of the most amazing dancers Ive ever seen. Hes a break dancing/Ballet/Tap/Morris machine!
I wonder whether hes ever heard the song? Ive never asked.... :F
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

That's pretty funny, Scarlatti.

I wonder if this song was an inspiration for Napoleon Dynamite?
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

It's a bump for this topic, but a relevant one nonetheless:

I have a hunch that this song is supposed to be a Meat Loaf style parody. Anyone else hear that? If not this song, there's definitely one of Al's that pastiches them.
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I don't hear that at all, but then again I hardly ever listen to Meatloaf, so my say really shouldn't count.
And Peggy
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

Search "Bat Out of Hell Meat Loaf" on YouTube and listen to the whole song and then tell me what you think. I really do think I'm onto something here.
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah I can kind of see it. Al is a little less intense than Meatloaf is, but I could totally see Meat doing this song.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Now let me put it this way. I think that it's good for Al if he balances between jokes, music, and simple catchy entertaining songs; otherwise he'd turn out to be a "factory" of jokes like a zillion comedians out there. - for example, there is a number of songs which I like only because of the music. And this song is pretty darn electrifyin'!! :D It makes me wanna dance all around, sing and roll on the floor! How come you folks don't like the vocals "... four-eyed freak!", it's totally admirable!

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".