List of Rarities

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

ajv2001
Occasional

List of Rarities

Post by ajv2001 »

I'm working on compiling a list of Rarities/other releases/alternate versions that aren't appearing on Medium Rarities.
This is the list so far
Let me know if I'm missing any that I may be able to find a fairly good copy of down some deep corner of the internet

-Belvidere Cruisin'
-Polkamon
-You Don't Take Your Showers
-I Need a Nap (Dog Train)
-The Goof Off (MLP)
-Cheese Confesses (MLP)
-It's Still Billy Joel To Me
-Peter and the Wolf/Carnival of the Animals Part 2
-UHF (Single Version)
-Bad Hombres/Nasty Woman (Songify)
-Bite Me
-Handle W/ Care (Georgefest)
-What is Life? (Georgefest)
-Circus Parade (Yo Gabba Gabba)
-School Cafeteria
-Happy Birthday (Placebo)
-Mr. Frump... (Placebo)
-Gotta Boogie (Placebo)
-Won't Eat Prunes Again
-The Alternative Polka (w/ Buddy Holly verse)
-Madvillian Accordion (w/ The Roots)
-You're Pitiful
-Word Crimes (Demo)
-Christmas at Ground Zero (Alternate)
-Season 2 Finale (Galavant)
-Callin' In Sick (Instrumental)
-Spy Hard (Instrumental)
-Spy Hard (Orchestral Mix)
-Eat It (Karaoke)
-I Lost on Jeopardy (Extended)
-Electric Shaver (Sabrina)
-Squid Hat (Billy and Mandy)
-Brain Freeze (Simpsons)
-Various Studio 360 Unplugged Songs
-Patterns
-Who Stole the Kishka
-Long Long Dream (Caspar Babypants)

I'm purposely not including Chicken Pot Pie because of how bad the live recording is.

Anything I forgot that is easily findable somewhere online??
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
6/6/15-Mashantucket, CT 8PM
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
9/16/17-Providence, RI [UHF]
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: List of Rarities

Post by Elvis »

I'm doing something similar, though I'm including album tracks. I don't have my master list of songs in a format that's easy to share at the moment, but I've identified well over 600 songs so far and that's only about halfway done with the alphabet. I have captured about 300 songs so far in my playlist and probably have another 100-200 off the master list that I have in some format, but haven't added to the playlist yet mainly because I want to get a cleaner copy or some other reason. I was hoping to complete my project as much as possible (it will always be a work in progress!) by November 24, 2017, but like all the projects I take on it's turning into a much bigger project than I expected, so I'm thinking about scaling it back a bit to have it done by that date (i.e. version 1.0) and release a version 2.0, etc. at a later date.

Anyway, a good place to start compiling a list is with the songography on http://weirdal.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since 2012, because... well, Greg stopped sending me updates and my emails and messages to him about the subject remain unanswered... so I don't know why. :huh: No idea if he just stopped doing it or what? For stuff after 2012, this forum is a good resource, as well as the "List of Weird Al songs" Wikipedia page.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Sounds like a cool project, Dave. How will your list be different from Greg's songography, other than simply being updated to cover the last five years?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

ajv2001 wrote: Let me know if I'm missing any that I may be able to find a fairly good copy of down some deep corner of the internet
-SundanceTV channel finder songs(channel 735,557,126,1798,192,159,165, and 505...are there more?)
-The Shapeshifter(The 7D)
-Hanging Out Forever(Adventure Time)
-Two Halves Make a Whole(Adventure Time)

Milo Murphy's Law so far has:
- It's My World (And We're All Living in It)(3 versions: opening, ending credits, and the full version)
- Rooting For The Enemy
- (official title not known, a song from the opera episode)
- Murphy Family Vacation
ajv2001
Occasional

Post by ajv2001 »

stardrop wrote:
ajv2001 wrote: Let me know if I'm missing any that I may be able to find a fairly good copy of down some deep corner of the internet
-SundanceTV channel finder songs(channel 735,557,126,1798,192,159,165, and 505...are there more?)
-The Shapeshifter(The 7D)
-Hanging Out Forever(Adventure Time)
-Two Halves Make a Whole(Adventure Time)

Milo Murphy's Law so far has:
- It's My World (And We're All Living in It)(3 versions: opening, ending credits, and the full version)
- Rooting For The Enemy
- (official title not known, a song from the opera episode)
- Murphy Family Vacation
Wow, can't believe I forgot all those!! Especially since I'm such a big MML fan!!!
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

I think I missed:
-Daisy Bell(Mark Ryden - The Gay Nineties)

I wonder if I could put Street Meat(You Keep Tauntin' Me) to the list...
ajv2001
Occasional

Post by ajv2001 »

Elvis wrote:I'm doing something similar, though I'm including album tracks. I don't have my master list of songs in a format that's easy to share at the moment, but I've identified well over 600 songs so far and that's only about halfway done with the alphabet. I have captured about 300 songs so far in my playlist and probably have another 100-200 off the master list that I have in some format, but haven't added to the playlist yet mainly because I want to get a cleaner copy or some other reason. I was hoping to complete my project as much as possible (it will always be a work in progress!) by November 24, 2017, but like all the projects I take on it's turning into a much bigger project than I expected, so I'm thinking about scaling it back a bit to have it done by that date (i.e. version 1.0) and release a version 2.0, etc. at a later date.

Anyway, a good place to start compiling a list is with the songography on http://weirdal.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since 2012, because... well, Greg stopped sending me updates and my emails and messages to him about the subject remain unanswered... so I don't know why. :huh: No idea if he just stopped doing it or what? For stuff after 2012, this forum is a good resource, as well as the "List of Weird Al songs" Wikipedia page.

Dave
Wow! This sounds like a crazy undertaking!
I'm mostly looking for the songs I listed and pretty much the stuff from the old Burgeroplois compilation, all of which I found one place or another.
I'm also adding all the Week of Welcome recordings that I found online, trying to create a nice little compilation for myself :tacky:
But again, I'm trying to find stuff that has relatively decent recordings out there, or stuff that is important, like Belvedere Cruisin, or something that is easily recognizeable by name, such as Still Billy Joel...

I have a pretty good list of 40+ tracks, but still may be forgetting some of the more readily available stuff, I'll post the updated list when I get home tonight.
I'm nearing 2 hours of music before even adding in Peter and the Wolf/Carnival of the Animals Pt. 2!!
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
JPK

Post by JPK »

I suppose you could add things the WAY demos, Baby Likes Burping, maybe some stuff from the Weird Al Show. You also didn't include any concert-only songs (of which there are many) so I'm assuming that's an intentional exclusion.

I tried coming up with a Medium Rarities supplement album (much shorter than yours, and minuscule compared to what Elvis is working on), and I ended up with this which is pretty much just all the other songs Al wrote and performed that were released. I did find it hard to determine what I would consider to be the "Al canon". Is it just stuff that's commercially released? That would exclude Pitiful. I Need a Nap isn't written by Al but many of the Medium Rarities tracks are not, so should that be included? And of course if there is one MLP song on Medium Rarities, does that mean the other two belong on the supplement? I ended up realizing that when it comes to this, Al himself knows best, and he picked the 23 tracks. Therefor the two songs that he intended to include but could not get permission (Polkamon and Pitiful) and the songs that he had released on his own singles, EPs, and compilations would be an appropriate list. (I didn't include Bite Me, since it may still be on OTDE in the box set).
Last edited by JPK on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajv2001
Occasional

Post by ajv2001 »

JPK wrote:I suppose you could add things the WAY demos, Baby Likes Burping, maybe some stuff from the Weird Al Show. You also didn't include any concert-only songs (of which there are many) so I'm assuming that's an intentional exclusion.

I tried coming up with a Medium Rarities supplement album (much shorter than yours, and minuscule compared to Elvis's), and I ended up with this which is pretty much just all the other songs Al wrote and performed that were released. I did find it hard to determine what I would consider to be the "Al canon". Is it just stuff that's commercially released? That would exclude Pitiful. I Need a Nap isn't written by Al but many of the Medium Rarities tracks are not, so should that be included? And of course if there is one MLP song on Medium Rarities, does that mean the other two belong on the supplement? I ended up realizing that when it comes to this, Al himself knows best, and he picked the 23 tracks. Therefor the two songs that he intended to include but could not get permission (Polkamon and Pitiful) and the songs that he had released on his own singles, EPs, and compilations would be an appropriate list. (I didn't include Bite Me, since it may still be on OTDE in the box set).
My list contains just about everything (if not everything) on your list that isn't on MR, plus some of the more well-known/longer demos [my rule of thumb is 1 minutes or more ha ha :lol: ] (Only ones coming to mind ATM are Won't Eat Prunes Again, Belvedere Cruisin, Nobody Here Bus Us Frogs) + Peter and the Wolf/Carnival of the Animals and I will be adding some of the songs on Stardrop's list, considering I can find them, and KCPR Week of Welcome and the Studio 360 Unplugged recordings. In the end, I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between 50 and 100 tracks over two or three CDs. In the beginning I was hoping to get all songs "actually" released, but some of the earliest songs seem "important" in the Al-Time Continuum and I'll have to put up with the horrible quality I guess...
The only Weird Al Show that holds any importance IMO is Lousy Haircut, and that'll be on Medium Rarities...
5/13/12-Waterbury, CT
10/6/13-Northampton, MA
7/30/15-Port Chester, NY
9/18/16-Waterbury, CT
3/2/18-Mashantucket, CT
3/4/18-Boston, MA
~Strings Attached '19~
yankovic.weebly.com
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

TMBJon wrote:Sounds like a cool project, Dave. How will your list be different from Greg's songography, other than simply being updated to cover the last five years?
The main difference is that I am actually collecting the song and building a play list of every song that Al's ever performed on. The working title is "Weird Al" Yankovic - Every Song Ever! While I will have some identifying information for the source -- usually where it was first released, or if it remains unreleased, etc. -- it is in no way comprehensive. For example, for "Eat It" I have the source listed as "Weird Al" Yankovic In 3-D while Greg's songography would also list The Food Album, Permanent Record: Al In The Box, and so on. Greg's songography is very structured, while my list is pretty loose and fluid which allows me to personalize it and organize it how I want.

A by-product of my project will be a comprehensive list of songs -- which I guess you could trim most of it from Greg's songography now -- updated to cover the last five years. So I could certainly put the list in some format that allows me to share it with others, as well as share some basic information that will help people track down copies of the songs they want to add to their own personal play lists. Because it's dealing it with tons of copyrighted music, obviously I can't share the actual files themselves, unless I want to end up in jail like Tommy Chong. :cop:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!