Polkamon

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Aww, gee, and I was gonna link you to the first post by Ryan asking if anyone noticed that Al said Ditto twice. I do like the theory that he repeated the name because of what Ditto means.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I'm going with that theory too. I can't see it being a mistake on Al's part, and there are other names that could have gone in that space, so it's not like it was used as filler
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Ditto's mentioned twice? I never noticed that before.
And Peggy
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Polkamon wrote: Krabby, Snubbull, Venonat,
Mankey, Chansey and Zubat
Slowking, Ditto, Butterfree,
Lugia and Caterpie
Oddish, Poliwag, Goldeen,
Elekid and Nidoqueen
Victreebel and Magneton -
Everybody Polkamon!

Aerodactyl, Seel, Machoke,
Marill, Moltres, then Slowpoke,
Articuno, Ditto, Muk,
Flareon and ol' Psyduck
Cloyster, Kingler, Shellder, Gloom,
Snorlax and of course Vileplume
Zapdos and Charmeleon -
Everybody Polkamon!
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I know. I listened to Polkamon right after reading that comment and noticed that it was.
And Peggy
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I never noticed that Ditto was mentioend by name twice, but then I've only seen the movie a few times (my brother was a fan of Pokemon back then). But Ditto is one of my favorite characters (along with Pikachu and Meowth). It is the only Pokemon movie that I saw at the theaters. I remember back in 1999 I thought that Al should do a Pokemon song (maybe title it "Pokemambo No. 5"). There was a "Polkamon" drawing in the www.weirdal.com picture gallery, made by a fan. This was before the song was announced (could that have been Al's inspiration?). And somebody at Ask Al (or maybe it was an online chat) asked Alto do a Pokemon song, and Al responded that he might consider it if Pokemon was still popular when he did his next album, but then he sang it in the second movie, allowing for one to be written sooner.

By the way, does anybody remember if Pokemon was still popular back in 2003? Is it still popular now (I think there are still new episodes in production)? I wonder if Al chose not to include it in Poodle Hat or if perhaps Warner Bros. owned the rights to the song and wouldn't let Al include it on the album (or maybe a little bit of both... Warners could have owned the rights and wouldn't have let Al release it on one of his albums if he had asked, and Al could have thought that Pokemon wasn't current enough for his album and didn't bother asking for permission).
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

weird user @ Apr 3 2007, 03:59 PM wrote: I never noticed that Ditto was mentioend by name twice,
I've always wondered if that was a mistake or if he did it intentionally for some reason.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Of course it was intentional... it makes sense in an ironic way.

Lemon Demon did the same thing on his song "Word Disassociation" (a song compiled of a bunch of random words that have nothing to do with each other.) The word "abundant" is mentioned twice.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I don't know the song you're talking about, but it would make more sense if it were "redundant" that was mentioned twice.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

weird user @ Apr 3 2007, 04:59 PM wrote:
By the way, does anybody remember if Pokemon was still popular back in 2003? Is it still popular now (I think there are still new episodes in production)? I wonder if Al chose not to include it in Poodle Hat or if perhaps Warner Bros. owned the rights to the song and wouldn't let Al include it on the album (or maybe a little bit of both... Warners could have owned the rights and wouldn't have let Al release it on one of his albums if he had asked, and Al could have thought that Pokemon wasn't current enough for his album and didn't bother asking for permission).
Pokemon was probably slightly popular in 2003, but I think its popularity had significantly diminished by that time. It wasn't quite as big of deal as it previously had been. Al probably didn't include on PH for that reason more than any other. It was probably also because he wanted to do a regular polka medley. I'm happy he did.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.