The MIA Demos (updated 10/9/12)

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

anthontherun @ March 24, 2009 12:35 pm wrote: Maybe Al could appeal to George's son if he was interested in getting it out there to the masses
Dhani is a major driving force behind the Rock Band: The Beatles game coming out, so he is certainly a good candidate for getting it released.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
lestatkatt
Occasional

Post by lestatkatt »

:?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Although I agree that Dhani would probably be the best bet as far as trying again for permission, since he is a part of the generation that grew up watching Al on MTV and also because one would hope he would see such a parody as a tribute rather than a slight against his father, but I wonder if ethically it would be a good idea to even pursue.

Now, I don't mean that in a "let's not mock the dead" sort of way. What I'm getting at is George already denied Al permission to release the parody. Is it then right to try again after he's died? It's not like George left Al hanging with a "let me think about it" and then just never got back to him. He said no, so shouldn't that theoretically be the end of it...at least as far as Al's permission rule goes?

I mean, if Prince hypothetically died one day without ever granting Al permission to parody him, would that make it okay for Al to then ask his publishers or estate even though he knew full well that the artist himself was personally against such an idea?

I just want to make it clear that I have no opinion one way or the other, but I just wanted to throw that out there while we're discussing this, since it does seem like a factor to consider.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'd say yes he could do it, but knowing Al he probably wouldn't ask out of respect. For all the reasons you just explained.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I don't think I've ever heard the audio for songs like "A Matter of Crust", "More Than A Filling", or "House of the Sesame Seed Bun." Does anyone know if such recordings exist?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

No recordings are known of those songs.
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Those were performed only a few times (if more than once) so it's very unlikely anyone has recordings of them.
brubrodksy

Re:

Post by brubrodksy »

TheLazenby wrote:Just for the record, no one has ever contacted me about "Burgeropolis"... I was always concerned that Bermuda at least would be pissed off over that. But there weren't any real revelations there (except maybe "American Slob"); I just basically gathered everything already available in one bundle.
Hi:

New to the Forum. I'm trying to get a copy of "Greetings from Burgerapolis".

Any help would be appreciated.

Trying to obtain from "Mega" site, which is gone, and also Green site which has no Seeds.

Could you or someone please post on another site like Sendit, Depositfiles, Rapidshare...etc.

I've been collecting Al stuff since Back in his "Another one Rides the Bus" Dr.Demento days., but never knew these demos were around. It looks like a really great compiliation and your graphic artwork looks great. Thanks much.

Look forward to hearing from you or anyone else on Forum who can help.

brubrodksy at gmail dot com
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: The MIA Demos...

Post by minnick27 »

Unfortunately we do not allow file trading here. If you would like to get this you will have to contact someone off forum.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Re: The MIA Demos...

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Any updates on newly found demos?