Chicken Pot Pie

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Chicken Pot Pie

Post by Big Spoon »

I know this forum is dead, but according to Bermuda, a full version of this in demo form does exist somewhere! I'd love it if we could get it out there somehow.
And Peggy
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Not a demo, but a rehearsal. Parodies weren't normally demo'd, there was no reason to. :)
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

So, more parodies besides just "Foil" skipped the demo stage? We know "Word Crimes" at least had one thanks to the animator of the video posting his rough animatic.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I can't even imagine the gold mine that is Bermuda's archives. Just the glimpse we saw on Dave and Ethan's podcast shows the great wonders and rarities that exist!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

It's been a LONG time since a parody was demo'd, like the first album (specifically Ricky, and maybe count early versions of songs that got re-recorded for that album.)

As for Word Crimes, that wasn't exactly a demo... it was Al singing his lyrics over the Blurred Lines instrumental track. :) Rare yes, but it wasn't created as a demo in the way we do with virtually all of the original songs. If it wasn't for the video, that version wouldn't have existed at all.

Maybe some day I'll play a snippet of that! :)

Bermuda