Re: Won't Eat Prunes Again

Post by Eyeball Chair »

It's certainly a great cover.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Does anyone know if The Who were actually approached about getting permission for this, or by the time Al had a contract was he already embarrassed about its immature content? Just wondering because he seemingly had no trouble getting My Generation into Polkas On 45.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wow, good question. I wish that had been put on an album, and I would also like to know. I would guess they wouldn't have said no to him, if they let him use My Generation.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankomaniac wrote:Wow, good question. I wish that had been put on an album, and I would also like to know. I would guess they wouldn't have said no to him, if they let him use My Generation.
Not necessarily. Hey Jude was also used in Polkas On 45, but Paul turned him down for Chicken Pot Pie because of the content.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, these damn artists and their touchiness when it comes to the content!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

This is probably my favorite unreleased parody. The solo on the accordion sounds great, The Who had to have been impressed by it, the lyrics are some of the funniest, true shame it isn't on an album. I want to hear a full band recording! "Eat the neeww sauuuce!!"
lestatkatt
Occasional

Post by lestatkatt »

TheLazenby wrote:Is that the version with the jews harp and the "diarrhea" verse?

If so, that should already be floating around. I found that in FLAC format in someone's web directory once. :-P
No. There are Two Live versions in my collection live @ Cal Poly, and only Solo performance live on Dr Demento on KMET. If you compare the live recordings, you can tell they are Not the same. (So the live recording broadcast on Dr D in 1980 is Not the same performance as the one that turned up on that Cal Poly 1980 show that 'Orgy' came from. )
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

It's a cool tune, and I like the version at the coffee house best :)