Won't Eat Prunes Again

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Won't Eat Prunes Again

Post by TMBJon »

Gotta side with JohnnyLurg on this. I think Al's friend Joe Earley plays Jew's Harp on this, and it almost has to be an intentional reference to the Who.
Name one song that Al plays glockenspiel on.
Trick question! There is one Weird Al song featuring a glockenspiel, The Night Santa Went Crazy, but it was Tom Lyons who played the glock, not Al! :online:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

The Cal Poly version of Won't Eat Prunes Again is beautiful.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Eyeball Chair wrote:The Cal Poly version of Won't Eat Prunes Again is beautiful.
Was it recorded in the same bathroom as "My Bologna?"
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

JohnnyLurg wrote:
Eyeball Chair wrote:The Cal Poly version of Won't Eat Prunes Again is beautiful.
Was it recorded in the same bathroom as "My Bologna?"
No, it was one of his weekly coffee house performances. The only known recordings of coffee house performances are that song, "Beverly Hillbillies/Miss You", his cover of "The Elements" (Which only has a snippet leaked), and "Belvedere Cruising '78". I don't know what other songs he played at Cal Poly live, or if there are any other recordings.
JohnnyLurg
Regular

Post by JohnnyLurg »

I actually am in contact with a former roommate and fellow KCPR DJ of Weird Al's who just this week mailed me recordings of some rare Weird Al performances at Cal Poly coffeehouses (as well as the entirety of the SLO Grown LP digitized!) and I will let you know right away if he sent me anything unknown to the general public.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

:whoot:
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

JohnnyLurg wrote:I actually am in contact with a former roommate and fellow KCPR DJ of Weird Al's who just this week mailed me recordings of some rare Weird Al performances at Cal Poly coffeehouses (as well as the entirety of the SLO Grown LP digitized!) and I will let you know right away if he sent me anything unknown to the general public.
How in the heck did you convince him to send you such things? That's pretty cool.
JohnnyLurg
Regular

Post by JohnnyLurg »

I convinced him because I told him that I'm compiling a Weird Al archive for Cal Poly's library. Which I am.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

JohnnyLurg wrote:I convinced him because I told him that I'm compiling a Weird Al archive for Cal Poly's library. Which I am.
Oh, really? That's pretty cool! Do you go to Cal Poly or something?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

That's pretty cool! I know you cannot share those here, but I'd be interested in checking those out as well.

However, since we're talking about the Cal Poly version of Won't Eat Prunes Again, I stumbled upon it on YouTube, which can be heard here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWOHtmdT7E&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you listen closely, there's a mouth harp, and some bongos. The audio quality is pretty good, considering the age of this recording.