Won't Eat Prunes Again

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Won't Eat Prunes Again

Post by TMBJon »

Eyeball Chair wrote:"I'd Rather Be Dead Than Wet My Bed" is one of the most immature things I've heard from Al.
That's a direct cover of Harry Nilsson's song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

I need to update my title of this song to include everything in the medley. Funkytown comes before Emotional Rescue too!
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Here's what I've worked out:

If I Could Make Love To A Bottle, Tomorrow (Annie), Symphony #5 (Beethoven), Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me (Disney), I'd Rather Be Dead (Harry Nillsen), Tired of Mowing the Lawn (parody of "Tired of Towing the Line" by Rocky Burnette), Funkytown (direct cover, then turns into "Taco Bell" parody), Emotional Rescue (style parody of the Rolling Stones song/album), Brass In Pocket (Pretenders lyrical adaptation), crescendo ending
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Eyeball Chair wrote:"I'd Rather Be Dead Than Wet My Bed" is one of the most immature things I've heard from Al.
Suddenly, I'm reminded of Jace's earliest songs he gave me years back. I guess silly, and immature lyrics come with the territory of starting out as a parodist.

These early recordings also show just how far Al has evolved as a satirical artist, from the days of the wacky and random, to the now of intricately, intelligent humor. Al has, indeed perfected his sound and style.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Ok we get it, you're in love with jace
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Mad Genius wrote:I guess silly, and immature lyrics come with the territory of starting out as a parodist.
Maybe so, but in this case the song is not a parody but a direct cover. See the original here.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Mad Genius wrote:
Suddenly, I'm reminded of Jace's earliest songs he gave me years back. I guess silly, and immature lyrics come with the territory of starting out as a parodist.

These early recordings also show just how far Al has evolved as a satirical artist, from the days of the wacky and random, to the now of intricately, intelligent humor. Al has, indeed perfected his sound and style.
Well said.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

@Minnick: You've missed my point. Just because I'm reminded of a friend's early works doen't imply what you're thinking, so I'd suggest keeping those comments to yourself.

@TMBJon: I missed that, thanks.

@Eyeball Chair: Thanks, I appreciate it, man.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

TMBJon wrote:Here's what I've worked out:

If I Could Make Love To A Bottle, Tomorrow (Annie), Symphony #5 (Beethoven), Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me (Disney), I'd Rather Be Dead (Harry Nillsen), Tired of Mowing the Lawn (parody of "Tired of Towing the Line" by Rocky Burnette), Funkytown (direct cover, then turns into "Taco Bell" parody), Emotional Rescue (style parody of the Rolling Stones song/album), Brass In Pocket (Pretenders lyrical adaptation), crescendo ending
That list sounds about right.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Of course, this thread is called "Won't Eat Prunes Again," not "Random Medley" (what should we call this medley)?
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn