Bonnaroo - June 13-16, 2013

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

annacanada
Occasional

Re: Bonnaroo - June 13-16, 2013

Post by annacanada »

I was there! Front row center! I can see myself in that Billboard video. I was so into it the whole time. I can't even describe how much excitement was in the air.

we can't stop here, this is bat country
You can use your ESP to learn to play guitar!
ARE YOU READY TO POLKA?!?!
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztM98TGxbac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a video of Amish Paradise I found from the show. Not a great shot of the stage, but the audio is good, and you can get a taste of how awesome this crowd was.

Every time I hear the "burning in hell" line, I have to laugh. The way Al + the crowd shout it makes it sound SO angry xD
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

Well there you have it. We really were the best show he's ever played.

From his AMA on Reddit today:
"Good day sir! What is the best venue you have played in and what made is so great?"
"I might have to say, in all my years of playing live, probably Bonnaroo, which I did just a week ago. I had 10,000 people going completely insane - it was beautiful. At the end of the show I just stood at the end of the stage and tried to soak in all the energy - I'd never felt anything quite like it."
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

That made me so happy. :)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Reddit thread of reactions to Al's Bonnaroo show.

Bablemusic blog
It's no stretch to say that "Weird" Al has been my second favorite set of the festival behind Paul McCartney. I watched the show with one of my fellow journalists, and as we both walked back to the press trailer, we kept saying "oh my god" and "holy s***." We were on a "Weird" Al high and although I was exhausted to the point of delirium before his show, I was so pumped afterwards that I couldn't sleep even though it was 2 AM and I hadn't slept well in days. "Weird" Al is a show you should catch when he comes to town.