New Tour New Tour New Tour 2022

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

richegreen
Regular

Re: New Tour New Tour New Tour 2022

Post by richegreen »

Also the seats (which were fold up chairs, it looks like this venue is multipurpose and probably does GA standing for most of their shows) were way too tight together, so it was impossible to sit comfortably. I know I have a lot of gripes (throw in the 2 hour drive to go 43 miles because Long Island on a Friday evening), but these were some factors that detracted from being able to really enjoy this show. I was in the second row on the very right side, and it provided some interesting perspectives, like actually being able to see Ruben behind the keyboards, which as a keyboardist myself was really cool to watch. Also this was my first time seeing First World Problems since the Mandatory Fun tour, and I loved the Girl U Want performance!

two notes for the spreadsheet - where's song #19, did you misnumber the medley as 20? (note that the first two shows I saw had 20 songs, but each of those had a quickie one, the podcast theme and Hog. Is it always 19 songs unless he includes one of those to make 20?). And also the DTBS story was at his friend Joel's birthday party (which I'm counting as Al wishing me happy birthday)
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Thanks for the catching the Medley mistake! I've made plenty of typos, etc. that other people have helped me fix. (I do plan to occasionally 'audit' the sheet as an additional check.)

Someone reported DTBS as "San Fernando Valley version", so I've included that and your info in the note.
SpiderAl
Occasional

Post by SpiderAl »

Wilkes Barre (pronounced Barry) added a Wilkes Barre to the ongoing Berry joke of Albequerque.

A+ performance.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

I saw him in Rochester. Loved every minute of it.

Emo was awesome. I'd never seen His standup in person before. I would love to see an entire performance by him if it's ever an option in the future.

Al forgot his in ear monitors to start the show so we were treated to an extra harpsichord solo while he went to get them. Jon started playing "I'll Sue Ya" instead of "Good Ol Days." and they started playing the intro to "Jungle Cruise Ride" Before Al was done with his story.

None of those thins detracted from my enjoyment of the evening. In fact, It was just the opposite. This was my third concert and, in all honesty, this was my favorite by far. Seeing the band perform as well as they did is always a pleasure but seeing them let there hair down is something exponentially better. This is a concert format that I would love to see them continue in the future. It's truly an enjoyable concert experience.
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

richegreen wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:27 am Some idiot was trying to climb onto the stage during Girl U Want and even Al told him "we'll talk later" and the security were about half a second from pouncing on him before he got back in his seat. He was being a jerk the entire show (he kept screaming I STILL LOVE YOU AL during You Don't Love Me Anymore) and even in the lobby beforehand and I thought I actually did see someone throw him out a side door earlier in the show. Also it was about 99 degrees in there (almost as hot as the Forest Hills 2019 show where it actually did hit 100) which really hindered my enjoyment of this one.
LMAOOOOO that's awesome
conk or bepis
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Anybody know what the story Al told was before singing "You Make me Feel Like a Natural Woman"? I'm betting it would have been ...interesting to hear.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Had a great time going to 7 shows on this Vanity tour, including my 27th overall career show, bringing me to a grand total of 31 at this time.
It was so awesome catching up with so many lifelong friends who I met on this site, and I still get all sappy and nostalgic thinking about this Weird Al community.

THANK YOU WHIZZI!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll always be grateful to you for creating this space for us!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.