Co-headlining/package tours?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: Co-headlining/package tours?

Post by ludovica64 »

RyanHippFTW wrote: that's the thing about these kinds of tours though, they aren't for the hardcore fans they're for casual fans or the masses. like recently I saw Def Leppard and they had 2 other bands on the bill and their set had to be 90min, so basically all they had time to do was a greatest hits show, and that is probably all a majority of the people there wanted to hear anyway.

Casual fans/ the masses don't stump up hard cash often until the last minute.. if they even hear about the concert at all. Any artist pitching at making a living only from casual fans is going to go hungry in leaner years. It is the dedicated, hardcore, obsessed, crazy fans who help make the mortgage payment and the utility bills, because they (we) can be relied on time and again for a small (possibly very small), but pretty much guaranteed income. That makes us all pretty awesome actually :) Even just selling 500 t-shirts.. well Al might not be able to live on that.. but personally I live on much less
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: Co-headlining/package tours?

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I didn't say hardcore fans don't go to those shows, I was saying the setlists were designed for the masses because these types of tours are done so the bands on the bill can play larger venues than they would on their own. Going back to Def Leppard, I'm not a casual fan, I own all the albums and love the deep cuts and all that smurf. So even though going to one of their shows I'd love to hear stuff they haven't played in forever but know I'm just getting the hits, I'm still willing to pay $120+ cuz they're smurfin' Def Leppard.

Hope that made sense.