3.11.17 - Concert For The Arts

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

3.11.17 - Concert For The Arts

Post by TMBJon »

http://www.santamonicanext.org/2017/01/ ... t-concert/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Five-time Grammy winner Michael McDonald (formerly of the Doobie Brothers), special guest Amy Holland, and three-time Grammy winner “Weird Al” Yankovic will be joined by Richard Page (of Mr. Mister) as well as local favorites VENICE for the Greg Coote Concert For The Arts. These seasoned professional musicians will perform with student musicians from the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District’s (SMMUSD) nationally recognized orchestras, choirs and horn sections on many of their hits.

Taking place on March 11, 2017 at Santa Monica High School’s Barnum Hall, the concert will raise funds for the Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation. Proceeds will support arts programs at all SMMUSD schools next year.

Cynthia Fox of 100.3 The Sound will emcee the evening, which will also feature a live auction of signed instruments, experiences and more.

Tickets for the concert are available online at smmef.org.

This is the 12th production of the Ed Foundation’s popular concerts. This year, the concert has been renamed the Greg Coote Concert For The Arts, in memory of entertainment executive and SMMUSD parent Greg Coote. Coote led the Ed Foundation’s For The Arts endowment campaign to ensure the continuity of arts programming for students in the Santa Monica-Malibu public schools. He sadly passed away in 2014.

“We are very excited for this year’s concert and honored to name this incredible event for Greg,” said Linda Greenberg, Executive Director of the Education Foundation. “Greg’s passion for the arts led him to spearhead the creation of our $2.9 million For The Arts endowment, which funds grants for visual arts supplies, music coaches, drama programs and additional arts across the district. This incredible event, with world-renowned artists and our nationally recognized student musicians, is a fitting tribute to Greg’s dedication to the arts in our schools.”

All donations to the Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation fund excellent programs – from art to STEM to wellness – that shape our future problem solvers, visionaries and global citizens.

Contributions to the Ed Foundation change the lives of students in the Santa Monica-Malibu public schools.

About the Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation

Established in 1982 by a dedicated group of parents, community leaders, and local business owners, SMMEF raises funds to enhance and supplement the curriculum of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District. SMMEF’s mission is to engage the community to invest in a vibrant educational experience for all students in the Santa Monica and Malibu public schools. SMMEF raises funds through its annual campaign, endowment earnings and special events. To learn more about SMMEF visit smmef.org or like us on Facebook: facebook.com/smmef.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Re: 3.11.17 - Concert For The Arts

Post by Heds »

Looks like a certain member's gonna be bankrupt by the end of the month... :F
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:Looks like a certain member's gonna be bankrupt by the end of the month... :F

Youtube
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

TMBJon wrote:
Heds wrote:Looks like a certain member's gonna be bankrupt by the end of the month... :F

Youtube
He has his small loan of a million dollars. Should be safe to see Weird Al.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Awesome! I'll be there.
And Peggy
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
conk or bepis
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

That's a nice lineup! Definitely looking forward to hearing about it, Jon! Well, I mean, you could get me a ticket to the show, a plane ticket, and let me sleep on your couch and I could go with you... but hearing all about it is great, too. ;) :lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Got my ticket!

Section: MEZZ CEN
Row: BB
Seat: 109
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

As far as I know, this is Al's first show in Santa Monica since the infamous opening set at the Civic Auditorium.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »