9/26/06 Hollywood, Ca. Virgin Megastore

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

*sigh* I can't believe it was already 2 weeks ago...it only feels like it's been 13 days...:inlove: :P
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Oct 10 2006, 05:36 PM wrote: *sigh* I can't believe it was already 2 weeks ago...it only feels like it's been 13 days...:inlove: :P
Oh hush, you lucky lucky girl...:P

(Just playing, you know I'm affectionately jealous...;))

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
whitneybelle
Occasional

Post by whitneybelle »

Great pix and videos, everyone! So excited for those who got to meet the sweetness that is Al for the first time, and for those who have known him for eons, and for everyone in between. :D

See you next tour, east coasters.

W
Official Al Team #39
TANKgirl
Occasional

Post by TANKgirl »

I'm late to this thread... to be honest I hadn't hung out on this forum in um... a couple years? Figured it was about time to come back. I've been poking around for about a week, and only just found this thread...

Anyway, we're way up in Canada and not flush enough to fly to LA for one night heh... BUT my little brother is living in LA right now and went to the signing on our behalf! (He's a fan too of course)

He and his wife had a bit of a conflict since they also wanted to go to the Bob Newhart book signing being held at the same time. They ended up getting to both events, but since they weren't there 'early' for Al, they weren't able to get an autograph. But it was cool that they were just there at all. :)

Anyway, here's a picture he was able to take while there. We have no idea who that is at the table with Al. :)

And here he is with Bob Newhart -- just so y'all can see what he looks like, maybe you saw him there! :)

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Oh wow, where was Bob Newhart doing his signing? I love Bob Newhart.

Very nice, pics, too.

Welcome back, TANKgirl! :welcome:
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Nice to have you back, TANKgirl! That was cool of your brother to go to the signing, and get a pic. Shame he didn't get to meet Al. At least he got to go. Also, cool that he got to meet Bob Newhart. I also love Bob. Two comic geniuses in one day. Awesome!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Accordion Mom
Die-hard Fan

Post by Accordion Mom »

Themagic#27 @ Oct 1 2006, 10:53 AM wrote: I really do hope to see some WOWAYers next tour. We need to wear nametags, whether we're Al-team members or not! (I am, but that's beside the point. XP)
I don't know if WOWAYers do this at every concert, but they did at Cincinnati the second year of Poodle Hat. I wasn't aware of WOWAY the first year, so I don't recall if they had them. It's nice to know where forum fans are seated so you can look them up before or after the concert, but it's nice to run into them outside the venue too.

Anyway, after the concert, our badges (and the accordion grills and Peter & the Wolf LP, & Keyboard Magazine in my bag) attracted the attention of someone with extra backstage passes, and I got 3!!!! That lead to an awesome experience: chatting with Jon and I swear it was because of the "Badge of Honor" I was wearing!

He was passing by, and we said "hi", then when he saw the WOWAY logos hanging around our necks, he paused and gave us a generous bit of attention which made our wait in the meet & greet line seem to fly!

Also, he shared a bit of information about a purchase I made on ebay that I was rather embarassed about - the LP... turned out it was a good deal and now I have it SIGNED! (I got caught up in the bidding process and won, only to immediately experience bidders/buyers remorse?)

Anyway, thanks, Susie for the nametags! (She got one of the passes-not a bad trade off for the effort, huh?)
:Y

Thanks to the watchful eyes of the admins here and the graciousness of members, it's respected by Al & TBITB, etc. I feel really safe here and would let my teenager read freely the posts made here. I don't know how they do it! I digress, but isn't this a wonderful FORUM!
Here comes the FUN, do-do-do-do!
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

Ahh Linda!----Bringing up some wonderful memories!
We even got to meet WhiZZi that night ,too!
I would be very glad to make name tags for people at concerts, once again, when they start!

~Susie
Lord, please break the laws of the universe for my convenience.---Emo Philips
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Cool! I'd love to have one! PM me if you need any info or anything else.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

I made nametags for WOWAYers going to Virgin for the signing, which I posted here, but it doesn't have the actual WOWAY logo on it, so it's not as recognizable. It'd be really cool if someone made one with the logo on it. smbbyz73, are you up to the challenge? :D
Stephanie
Al Team #2781