Fantasy Tour Setlist

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think the purpose the medley now serves is much better with parodies only.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Isn't the medley's purpose to play songs that people want to hear but play a lot of them at one time? Parodies work out well but some originals would be nice. Al doesn't have time to play all the songs on the album in full.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Nah. I prefer the medley to remain only parodies. It's great for the folks in the audience who aren't really "fans" because it showcases a nice sampling of Al's parody. With originals mixed in, people would be wondering "What's that supposed to be a parody of?" instead of just enjoying the show.

I am glad they departed from the "Fabulous Food Medley," since a more general medley is better suited to a larger variety of songs and more flexibility in terms of changing out songs each tour.

definitely no originals. Nope.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I agree with Jeremy. Originals in the Medley doesn't quite sit right with me.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I hope that the medley remains all parodies too. I don't think it would flow as well with originals as well as parodies.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I don't think we have to worry about Al throwing originals into the medley, Barney Slayer. This isn't the kind of thing he is likely to ever change. This was more a conversation about whether or not we agree with him on this call.
FreedomandLaughs
Occasional

Post by FreedomandLaughs »

My fantasy is for the set to change each night. But this would please me a lot:

UHF
Polkarama
I'll Sue Ya
Good Ol' Days
Buy Me a Condo
Germs
Close But No Cigar
Wanna B Ur Lover
You're Pitiful
Virus Alert
I'm So Sick of You
Trash Day

Medley:
Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies, Confessions III, Jurassic Park, Free Delivery, eBay, Canadian Idiot, Trapped in the Drive Thru, Taco Grande, It's All About the Pentiums, I Think I'm a Clone Now, Amish Paradise, Couch Potato, Eat It, Fat

Smells Like Nirvana
Do I Creep You Out?
White and Nerdy
The Rye or the Kaiser
Nature Trail to Hell

The Saga Begins
Yoda
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

FreedomandLaughs @ Feb 16 2007, 06:45 PM wrote: My fantasy is for the set to change each night.
That would be nice; that would make it more worthwhile to go to more than one show on a tour.
taste is only something if it is yours.
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

alright, I'm gonna give this a whirl without reading the entire thread, so some ideas might overlap. If I were Al, this is what I'd do (this might not be my DREAM setlist, but it's one I could definitely see happening this tour):

Funzone over PA
Video: flipping through channels, "presenting Weird Al" montage
Canadian Idiot - Al in hawaiian shirt, the band in everyday clothes, some kind of video montage of Canadian stuff
"Hello St Louis! It's Polka Time"
Polkarama with video, Al on accordion, Jim on banjo
Virus Alert
Drum Solo (Al runs off stage to put on a suit jacket)
Do I Creep You Out -- could interact with the audience a la OMM or WBYL)
Video: Jessica Simpson interview
Smells Like Nirvana - performed as usual
Video: montage of quick clips
I'll Sue Ya - Al wearing costume similar to video, rest of band in everyday clothes
Bass Solo (Al runs off stage to change to another hawaiian shirt)
Everything You Know Is Wrong - Al on accordion
You're Pitiful - Jim on acoustic guitar
Video: Weasel Stomping Day, some other clips
Medley: brand new parody about 2-3 minutes (Al with a quickly-removable costume relevant to the song) ~ Jerry Springer first verse with guitar intro so that Al can get the costume off ~ Jurassic Park (Barney verse with video) ~ brand new parody one verse ~ Cavity Search with shiny Bono Jacket ~ Confessions one verse ~ The Plumbing Song first verse ~ Spam one verse (Al puts on accordion) ~ My Bologna first verse (puts away accordion after this) ~ A Complicated Song (decapitated verse) ~ Couch Potato second verse ~ Eat It first verse with jacket
Video: Al TV Logo, KFed interview
White & Nerdy - Al enters on segway, entire band in costumes
Video: various quick clips
Trapped In the Drive-Thru (yes, I think Al & the band can pull this off, even though he may need some crib sheets taped to the stage) -- not sure about the costume...whatever R Kelly's been wearing lately, or maybe no special costume
Guitar Solo
Hernia Rap (these combined should give Al enough time to change into the James Brown costume)
Living With A Hernia
Video: Fat intro
Fat - Al in Fat costume
band jam

(encore)
Don't Download This Song - no costumes
keyboard solo
Yoda

my dream setlist would be the entire Off The Deep Album played in order, with a couple SOL and various songs sprinkled in the beginning and end.
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I love Rich E Green's setlist. I was thinking Al should toy with playing the biggest hits of his back catalog at various places through the show rather than all at once at the end.