10/17/07 - Rio Rancho, NM Santa Ana Star Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Yeah, we wanna know! Is the incredible frog boy on the loose again?
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

I was asking if he did the show yet :Starts Laughing:
The Folks At Basken Robins All Know My Name!

Concerts I've Been too:
5/8/07, 7/23/08

Going to:
6/17/10 - See you all there!
Braider
Occasional

Post by Braider »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bwahahahahaha - thanks a lot, that gave me a good laugh to help me through the working day! Glad you filled us in.... :)

I can't believe I'll be there tomorrow - I have to work extra so I can take the day off and right now it seems like I will *never* get done. See you tomorrow, WAKKA WAKKA DOO DOO YEAH!, and anyone else who can make it.

Oh yes, and just special for mybologna, I'll write about it when I get back on Thursday.
The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it. - Bill Nye
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Yeah, I'll write about it too - if I get the chance :P
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Pak-Man

Post by Pak-Man »

Well I was so jazzed by the experience I had to register to these forums just to tell a bunch of people I don't know about how awesome the show tonight was.

YES, there was an extended encore and it rocked so hard.

So the concert "ended" and the crowd started chanting for the Albuquerque song. Al walks back out and says, "I knew you guys weren't going to let us go without playing this one." He proceeded to launch into a straight non-parody rendition of "Smoke on the Water!" Start to finish. So he rocks it out, plays the entire song, says goodnight again, and the audience starts chanting again. He comes back out and says, "I guess you were expecting a different song." and he launches into a full version of "We all have Cell Phones, so come on, let's get real!" (Everyone waved their cell phones in the air as he sang it.) Maybe one of the other two people who saw it can fill in the gaps.) Then the chanting again and he comes back out, "Do you guys want to hear a song about the city you're in RIGHT NOW!?" Crowd goes nuts and he launches into a makeshift song about Rio Rancho (See, the concert actually happened in a litle Albuquerque suburb called Rio Rancho.) that was similar to the makeshift song he did about Albuquerque back in his '99 show. He belts it out, he leaves, the crowd starts chanting AGAIN. He comes back in and says, "Do you guys want to hear a song we wrote about ALBUQUERQUE? Audience goes nuts and he launches into "Sweet Home Alabama" except he changes Alabama to Albuquerque. (He also replaced Alabama with the word "Albuquerque" in "Complicated Song" :^))

So FINALLY he does Albuquerque with a list of donuts that must have taken 5 minutes to get through. It was awesome and I had to share it with the internet. :^)
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Now THAT is an encore!! Thanks for coming here to tell us about it!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Lets see:

Smoke on the Water
We All Have Cell Phones
Song About Rio Rancho
Sweet Home Albuquerque
Albuquerque

Wow :whoot:
The Folks At Basken Robins All Know My Name!

Concerts I've Been too:
5/8/07, 7/23/08

Going to:
6/17/10 - See you all there!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

:lol: That sounds hilarious! Thanks for posting about your experience, Pak-man! Sure, you dont know us, but you'll find that this place polkas! I hope you stay to join in on the fun.

^_^
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Pak-Man @ Oct 18 2007, 03:27 AM wrote: He proceeded to launch into a straight non-parody rendition of "Smoke on the Water!" Start to finish. So he rocks it out, plays the entire song, says goodnight again, and the audience starts chanting again. He comes back out and says, "I guess you were expecting a different song." and he launches into a full version of "We all have Cell Phones, so come on, let's get real!" (Everyone waved their cell phones in the air as he sang it.) Maybe one of the other two people who saw it can fill in the gaps.) Then the chanting again and he comes back out, "Do you guys want to hear a song about the city you're in RIGHT NOW!?" Crowd goes nuts and he launches into a makeshift song about Rio Rancho (See, the concert actually happened in a litle Albuquerque suburb called Rio Rancho.) that was similar to the makeshift song he did about Albuquerque back in his '99 show. He belts it out, he leaves, the crowd starts chanting AGAIN. He comes back in and says, "Do you guys want to hear a song we wrote about ALBUQUERQUE? Audience goes nuts and he launches into "Sweet Home Alabama" except he changes Alabama to Albuquerque.
:lol: Wow, I would love to see that!
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Braider
Occasional

Post by Braider »

Oops! You guys left out a couple of songs....

First it was Cell Phones. That was cool.

Then is was Smoke on the Water. He walked off and we all kept chanting.

Then when he came back out he said, "OK - we knew you guys wouldn't let us leave without playing this song" - and they played Last Train to Clarksville. We started chanting.

Then he came back out and said, "Do you want to hear a song about a particular place?" And we all shouted YES! And they played China Grove. :D We kept on chanting....

Then he came back out and said, "You guys want to hear the song I wrote about Albuquerque?" And we all ROARED *YES*! And he played "Sweet Home Albuquerque" (Sweet Home Alabama). We kept chanting!

Then he came back out and said "You guys seem to want to hear another song.... we don't want you to leave disappointed.... you want us to play a song about the place we are RIGHT NOW?" And we were getting hoarse but we all shouted YES! And he played "Rio Rancho", a song he'd made up that afternoon (some of the people I talked to had heard him practicing it earlier). :P Because technically, that's where we were - Rio Rancho. And then FINALLY they went into Albuquerque.

The crowd was great - very energetic, very cool. There were a couple of people who had made great big posters of Al that they could hold up. During WBUL, Al got around a lot and even danced with one girl, very briefly.

Mr. Braider and I were *very lucky* and met Steve before the show. That was awesome. Steve has llamas too, just like we do, so we chatted briefly about that. We didn't ask for an autograph or anything, we didn't feel it was right, and just really treasure meeting him.

It was a fabulous night! :D
The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it. - Bill Nye