Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by JEDM »

He looks like a cross between Dee Snider and Alice Cooper.... :blink:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Thanks, sporkman. That's certainly some interesting facial hair he's got going on there. Hmmm.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

That chin thing reminds me of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

I'm hoping the marching band video opens with a rendition of "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" before jumping into the titular song ^_^ :hamsters:
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Right yeah sooo that recent announcement? #8videos8days? Topical and probably deserving of a mention here.

Do you think one of those eight songs that got videos was the polka? I think and hope not. I didn't care for the "Polka Face" video and I don't think I would like another video in the same style.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'm also doubting the appearance of a polka video. The animation really didn't work at all last time and I won't miss it this time.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

My best guess on the #8videos8days thing is that all six originals and only two parodies (including the Iggy/Fancy one) will have the videos.

Since there's only going to be eight this time, I can see why Al may not have been so eager to release a CD/DVD Deluxe package for MF.

I mean, Alpocalypse had 12 videos (10 of which were on the Deluxe DVD) and while SOL had six on its DualDisc, it also had the nine minute "making of" film and the 5.1/PCM mixes. Beyond just videos, I don't see Al planning any of that kind of bonus content for MF so I guess a DVD release at this point early on would be kind of pointless.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Spoiler:
I'm hoping "Word Crimes" gets a video. "Blurred Lines" was so visually iconic and culturally infamous, and I think the hashtag motif would be perfect for a song (presumably) about correcting people's grammar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm hoping "Word Crimes" gets a video. "Blurred Lines" was so visually iconic and culturally infamous, and I think the hashtag motif would be perfect for a song (presumably) about correcting people's grammar.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Spoiler:
In fact that song is the parody that I'm most excited about. I tend to be a bit of a grammar Nazi myself, so I'm really looking forward to what Al does with this.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, there's some speculation in the other thread that maybe "Handy" is actually a "Happy" parody and that the "Fancy" parody is "Tacky". That leads me to speculate that maybe "Tacky" isn't going to have a music video at all.

Perhaps the two live action videos will be for "Word Crimes" and "Handy". Then, what about that Jack Black video?

Here's a new possibility.

Aside from Al, there were two men: Black and Stonestreet and three women: Tyler, Cho, and Schaal. In the Blurred Lines video there are exactly three men, including Robin Thicke, and three women. So, maybe that video isn't for the "Fancy" video at all. Maybe it was for the "Word Crimes" video. It would explain why it was ready to be produced so quickly and immediately after the "Fancy" parody was approved.

Just a thought. Probably wrong, but it's wild, crazy speculation season.