Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by Elvis »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they meant. At first I thought it was a new thing unrelated to the album, because they said "next month" as in August, but I wasn't sure if they thought it was June 31 when they posted, or they thought MF was coming out August 15, or something screwy like that, but then when I saw they quoted Al about the videos, I shared it here instead of creating a new topic.

Dave
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

CharlesNelson wrote:How is posting Al's Facebook post announcing the 8 videos, 8 days concept "another clue"? :think:
Obviously the walrus was Paul.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Check out this video from TruScribe explaining what it is they do. It sounds like they work with a lot of companies on branding, advertising, and internal messaging. They'd be a perfect fit for "Mission Statement" if it is a song about meaningless corporate jargon.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Elvis wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they meant. At first I thought it was a new thing unrelated to the album, because they said "next month" as in August, but I wasn't sure if they thought it was June 31 when they posted, or they thought MF was coming out August 15, or something screwy like that, but then when I saw they quoted Al about the videos, I shared it here instead of creating a new topic.

Dave
That first post about them working with Al is dated June 18. So they were accurate to say "next month."

So excited that we're finally starting to get some details about stuff.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

The first time I've seen Lorde in "Royals" I immediately thought it would make a good Al video (mainly because of her hair being very much like his :D), with him just staring creepily all dishevelled in the start of the video. If they didn't do that, I'll be dissapointed.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

An interesting thing to point out for people who are wondering about the ratio of live action videos to animated ones: The video shot in MC Lars's apartment is likely the same video as the one animated by his friend Tim Thompson. If you look at his past work, it's always a cool blend of live action footage and animation.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Hey! Speaking of which, Tim's video will be out on the 20th!
NDBois
Occasional

Post by NDBois »

I really hope that all parodies are live action this time, or that at the very least Al has more input. I didn't mind the originals being animated as much for SOL, but I really felt like all the parodies besides PTW on Alpocalype were lost opportunities. I feel like a crucial part of Al's act is to physically recreate the artist' she's spoofing, and it's a shame we didn't get to see as much of that in the last album. I honestly would have preferred two live action high quality videos to the eleven animated videos besides PTW in Alpocalypse. The only animated parody I think was effective was Jurassic Park...at least that one attempted to spoof the movie it was about. I won't get started on Bill Plympton, but even Party in the CIA had few visual references to Party in the USA..
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

NDBois wrote:I really hope that all parodies are live action this time, or that at the very least Al has more input. I didn't mind the originals being animated as much for SOL, but I really felt like all the parodies besides PTW on Alpocalype were lost opportunities. I feel like a crucial part of Al's act is to physically recreate the artist' she's spoofing, and it's a shame we didn't get to see as much of that in the last album. I honestly would have preferred two live action high quality videos to the eleven animated videos besides PTW in Alpocalypse. The only animated parody I think was effective was Jurassic Park...at least that one attempted to spoof the movie it was about. I won't get started on Bill Plympton, but even Party in the CIA had few visual references to Party in the USA..
It's not from Alpocalypse, but "Do I Creep You Out" made reference to the original artist quite heavily.

But I agree with you. Live action videos > Animated ones.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I have no idea why Craigslist isn't considered a live action video. It's exactly what a Doors video for Craigslist would have looked like. It's the best direct artist music video parody since White & Nerdy.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.