NOW That's What I Call Polka!

Moderator: Moderators

Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Re: NOW That's What I Call Polka!

Post by Yup. »

drewdy9999 wrote:Firework was pre-Alpocalypse, so I think that's out.
Just Googled that, you are right. I'll take that off the list. :P
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I Want it That Way was pre-RWS and it was parodied on PH, so that's not necessarily true.
PH also had a Piano Man parody which was LONG before PH. I guess it is a possibility. Now that I think about it though, he did include KP in the last polka (I Kissed A Girl), so maybe Katy might be out all together.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Yup. wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:I Want it That Way was pre-RWS and it was parodied on PH, so that's not necessarily true.
PH also had a Piano Man parody which was LONG before PH. I guess it is a possibility. Now that I think about it though, he did include KP in the last polka (I Kissed A Girl), so maybe Katy might be out all together.
OtaSH was one of Al's patented "classic rock song parodies about recent blockbuster movies" like The Saga Begins and Jurassic Park. It's a special case.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If there was one 2011 song that might be included, I would guess something from Adele's album "21". The album came out in 2011, but she remained a huge name throughout 2012 and 2013, so I wouldn't be surprised if Al reached back to one of her hits. And if not from "21" then maybe her Academy Award winning "Skyfall".
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I'd guess Sail by AWOLNATION only because that song never really left the charts, and was probably charting the highest last year.

"Pumped Up Kicks" on the other hand, probably won't be on it.
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

I hope that we hear some Katy Perry and some Miley. Hey Bruce, what do you think? Also hi :)
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

MandatoryFun wrote:I hope that we hear some Katy Perry and some Miley. Hey Bruce, what do you think? Also hi :)
We heard some Miley on the last record. No more of her... :please:
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Miley today is very different from the Miley of Party In The USA. I'd say there's a good chance of her popping up in the polka.
And Peggy
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Big Spoon wrote:Miley today is very different from the Miley of Party In The USA. I'd say there's a good chance of her popping up in the polka.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind that either. Especially now that we can count Blurred Lines, Royals and Happy out of the polka, Wrecking Ball is the other monster hit from that timeframe of 2013 that should appear on this album somehow.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I feel like Wrecking Ball has a very good shot of being in there. I'll point out that plenty of artists have been featured in more than one polka or a polka and a parody (Rolling STones, Madonna, Green Day, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson to name a few). In fact, there have been a few times that it's happened on the very same album (The Police, Eminem, Lady Gaga). With the polkas Al's just going for what's biggest, regardless of whether he already tackled the artist before.