Re: Sports Song

Post by TheLazenby »

HEY! You cheated, you took your avatar from a video not released yet! :-P
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The video is fine, but definitely the worst of the five released so far. I just don't get why Al and the FOD guys didn't spend another hour or so thinking of a few subtle extra jokes they could throw in. Just a handful of extra visual gags would have made this video pretty strong. My favorite part of the video is when the two guys clink beer glasses and they both explode. A few more jokes like that would have helped this video a lot.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

I have to agree that this video is underwhelming. I like the song, but there really is just the one joke. Even just some football players tackling the band (or even a re-creation of The Play) would have been fun. Now that I think about it, just do the same video but with a game going on at the same time, so the band keeps getting in the way of the action.
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Vid should have capitalized on the vagueness the original song had about what sport was being played. First it looks like the players in the background are playing football, then soccer, then in quick succession we see baseball and basketball and hockey and croquet and pretty soon the whole thing turns into Calvinball.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

This video has me bonding with fellow band nerds everywhere! One of my facebook friends said that Al's marching style is horrible. I will say, Al is a little too flat-footed. She thinks maybe he could have done a nice roll-step. She defended him by saying marching isn't what he does, and that she does think the video is funny.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

PlayAWarGame wrote:Vid should have capitalized on the vagueness the original song had about what sport was being played. First it looks like the players in the background are playing football, then soccer, then in quick succession we see baseball and basketball and hockey and croquet and pretty soon the whole thing turns into Calvinball.
It would have raised the budget, but if they had changed locations after every cut it would have been beautiful. Football field, to hockey rink to baseball field to basketball court. Oh such good imagery in my head now
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

minnick27 wrote:
PlayAWarGame wrote:Vid should have capitalized on the vagueness the original song had about what sport was being played. First it looks like the players in the background are playing football, then soccer, then in quick succession we see baseball and basketball and hockey and croquet and pretty soon the whole thing turns into Calvinball.
It would have raised the budget, but if they had changed locations after every cut it would have been beautiful. Football field, to hockey rink to baseball field to basketball court. Oh such good imagery in my head now
No, not changing locations would be the point. Heightens the confusion of the whole thing.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
WeirdWeatherGirl

Post by WeirdWeatherGirl »

weird user wrote:I clearly saw Steve, it's confirmed Bermuda was in this, and I think I saw Reuben, but was Jim in this (the guy behind Al sort of looks like him, but he's taller than I thought Jim was).
Where did you think you saw Ruben? I didn't see anyone that looked like him, but I may have just looked past him. Bermuda and Steve were rather obvious. And the guy behind Al is definitely not Jim...pretty sure that guy had a goatee.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

WeirdWeatherGirl wrote:
weird user wrote:I clearly saw Steve, it's confirmed Bermuda was in this, and I think I saw Reuben, but was Jim in this (the guy behind Al sort of looks like him, but he's taller than I thought Jim was).
Where did you think you saw Ruben? I didn't see anyone that looked like him, but I may have just looked past him. Bermuda and Steve were rather obvious. And the guy behind Al is definitely not Jim...pretty sure that guy had a goatee.
The first group of four guys behind Al has two guys who I thought had similar build to Bermuda and Reuben, though it is hard to tell with those hats on.
WeirdWeatherGirl

Post by WeirdWeatherGirl »

weird user wrote:The first group of four guys behind Al has two guys who I thought had similar build to Bermuda and Reuben, though it is hard to tell with those hats on.
I think Bermuda is the one to the left of Al (Al's right). Not sure about Ruben...I may have to take another look :)