Inactive

Moderator: Moderators

avesjohn
Obsessed

Re: Inactive

Post by avesjohn »

So, although I posted in another thread that I consider this my least favorite MF parody, I just want to state, for the record, that I still really like this song, simply because I really like Imagine Dragons' original. In Al's version, I love the contrast of the epic scope of the music (even if it didn't quite replicate that of the original) with the pitiful subject of the song, and it's great just to have another rock parody. And I never had any trouble hearing or understanding the lyrics, either, so there's that.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

avesjohn wrote:So, although I posted in another thread that I consider this my least favorite MF parody, I just want to state, for the record, that I still really like this song, simply because I really like Imagine Dragons' original. In Al's version, I love the contrast of the epic scope of the music (even if it didn't quite replicate that of the original) with the pitiful subject of the song, and it's great just to have another rock parody. And I never had any trouble hearing or understanding the lyrics, either, so there's that.
This speaks to how consistently great and entertaining Mandatory Fun is as an album. Even the weakest parody track is still worth many repeat listens.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else already, but despite "Inactive" being one of the least popular parodies among WOWAY members, Imagine Dragons digs it: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... s-response" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waffle King
Occasional

Post by Waffle King »

I like the song.The opening lines are pretty funny ("I really hate this show,I can't reach the remote control") and I get a laugh out of the inhaler sound effects.(can't believe some people haven't been 'offended' by that yet) If anything,the song kinda runs out of gas at the mid-way,and the music is kinda dour to begin with.
Back off me,man-back off.
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Yup. wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:But I hope someone does a fan-made one. I really like the idea of using Pixar clips from "WALL-E" and "Toy Story 2" for this.
Way ahead of ya. ;)
You gonna do it, Yup???? When can we see?
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

MandatoryFun wrote:
Yup. wrote:Way ahead of ya. ;)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Did we ever find out for sure that this was the song the band members went to the original band for?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yes, Bermuda just confirmed it in an interview he posted to Facebook.
Me: I would guess Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" which is called "Inactive" would be quite complicated. Do you ever get the acts that you guys parody involved to help you figure out what instruments or how they recorded the song?

Bermuda: That was a real brain tease, with majorly effected sounds. While those are usually the engineer’s responsibility, we still had to dissect the basic sounds through all of the effects. I contacted Daniel Platzman, the drummer, and was able to get the snare sample. That was the first time I’ve ever consulted with anyone on the parody target side of things. I just really wanted to get that sound exactly right, and figured it was worth a shot to ask.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Thanks!!
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

MandatoryFun wrote:

I'm working on it! I'm about 1/3 of the way done. Can't wait to show you guys!
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY