Inactive

Moderator: Moderators

Skippy
Addicted

Re: Inactive

Post by Skippy »

Udvarnoky wrote: Also, today I learned that some people actually dislike Syndicated Inc. and Cavity Search. Wackos!
I'd like to hear someone defend either of those songs as funny.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Skippy wrote:
Udvarnoky wrote: Also, today I learned that some people actually dislike Syndicated Inc. and Cavity Search. Wackos!
I'd like to hear someone defend either of those songs as funny.
:huh: I like "Cavity Search" - is it considered bad..?
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

mellow weasel wrote: :huh: I like "Cavity Search" - is it considered bad..?
It is by me. I don't think it's funny. But that's the great thing about Al's humor--there's something for everyone.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I never heard if Cavity Search being disliked that much. I think its a good song
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Yeah, the only hate I've ever heard about it came from my mom when I was younger, who got "wiggy" at the drill part.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

"Cavity Search" is just a disappointing song. I don't hate it, but I don't care all that much for it. Wish he would have waited for a stronger parody target/concept for tackling U2. (I realize he wanted to do "Green Eggs & Ham" originally...that would have been better.)
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

Whoa. I just went through 12 pages of opinions on this song, and I now know that mine will differ COMPLETELY from all o' yours. o_o *deep breath* Here goes.

I don't notice any sub-par quality in the recording of this song, or its vocals, but what I DID notice from my first listen was the rather... dreamy sound to Al's voice here.
I have a habit of getting so wrapped up in Al's voice that even the lyrics and their meanings kinda fade off (as hilarious as they usually are, and definitely are in this song too), and all I hear is the smooth almost trance-like quality his vocals have in "Inactive".

Having never heard the original from Imagine Dragons (it's often the case that I get introduced to bands I've never heard of through Al XD), I have no comparison material for the song's composition and the way Al replicated it, but... I love its sound, and the way it flows with Al's voice and hooks you in and KEEPS you there.

I can only describe it as 'dreamy'. Still reeling from that first listen. <3
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

It took a short while, but I LIKE this song quite a bit! It's not my fave parody from the album but this one IMO is not the clunker so many people think it is.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

I know Al's just following the melody of the original song, but...

The way he sings the "Whoaaa ohhh~ oh oh, whoaaaa ohh ooohhh~" in the chorus is so very awesome... <3
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

Sailor-Polka-Moon wrote:Having never heard the original from Imagine Dragons (it's often the case that I get introduced to bands I've never heard of through Al XD), I have no comparison material for the song's composition and the way Al replicated it, but... I love its sound, and the way it flows with Al's voice and hooks you in and KEEPS you there.

I can only describe it as 'dreamy'. Still reeling from that first listen. <3
confession time: i skipped over this song the first zillion times i listened to MF, because i hate the original "radioactive" (and everything else by Imagine Dragons) with the fiery pasion of a thousand suns. i was like no no no, as brilliant as Al is, i cannot deal with a song that even remotely sounds like something by Imagine Dragons.

and then i finally listened to the parody, and had the same reaction as you to the vocals - his voice is so beautiful that i kinda didn't even mind that it was basically Radioactive. :P

Weird Al: making crappy songs better since 1979!