Inactive

Moderator: Moderators

Muldernscully
Addicted

Re: Inactive

Post by Muldernscully »

I love Imagine Dragons. Radioactive is my favorite song of theirs. So, I really like this song. I'm just sad that no music video was made of this song.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I just thought about this... maybe it came out sounding muffled and horrible on purpose... maybe unfinished cause the character is so lazy that the song compliments that... just a thought
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

That's an interesting theory but I think it's a bit of a stretch. Plus that's one hell of a "joke" to commit to for zero comic payoff.

I'd be amazed if the reason was anything other than "someone goofed up during mixing/mastering and by the time we noticed, it was too late to fix it."
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'd like to see bermudas take on this
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

joseyklein wrote:I just thought about this... maybe it came out sounding muffled and horrible on purpose... maybe unfinished cause the character is so lazy that the song compliments that... just a thought
I thought it was because Al wanted it to sound like the original because that's how the original sounds.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Yeah, I don't think there was anything that complex going on here. I think he was just trying to emulate the sound of the original.
marcusb
Occasional

Post by marcusb »

I absolutely hate the original song.. but this thread made me go listen to it. I think there's two main issues with Inactive:

1) Al's vocals have too much reverb applied, and there isn't enough of the dry vocal left.

2) The drum track sounds like it's clipping, although it shouldn't be. It's like the gain was set too high and wasn't noticed in the final mixdown.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I don't know about number 2 but I agree, I hate the original song. Was fun live though.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

When I listen to Inactive I really don't hear the music to much. I'm listening intently to Al's voice. I think it sounds great, shows he's in excellent mimic. I enjoy the original as well. However, that's the only song I like from ID.
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

KatrinatheGood wrote:When I listen to Inactive I really don't hear the music to much. I'm listening intently to Al's voice. I think it sounds great, shows he's in excellent mimic. I enjoy the original as well. However, that's the only song I like from ID.

I didn't even know this song EXISTED before I heard Inactive.

I then compared it to the original, and went... wow. I don't know why, but Al's vocals are more powerful, despite the total weak laziness of the main character in his version of the song.

Exact mimic, just better sound.
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡