Word Crimes

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: Word Crimes

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote:
Heds wrote:Good 'ol Murica is normal while Divided Kingdom is filled with politics and other arguments.
We have our fair share of politics and other arguments over here, too.
But after the elections, they *might* go normal depending on whom this country across the pond chooses ;)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Heds wrote:MEANWHILE in the United States it would simply mean you write like a hyperactive person.
I might be wrong, but I thought that in US "spastic" means just someone experiencing spasms, like a medical term :?
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

mellow weasel wrote:
Heds wrote:MEANWHILE in the United States it would simply mean you write like a hyperactive person.
I might be wrong, but I thought that in US "spastic" means just someone experiencing spasms, like a medical term :?
You're not wrong. It is a medical term (like the spastic bladder mentioned in If That Isn't Love), but it also has this non-medical meaning in common speech.
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:But after the elections, they *might* go normal depending on whom this country across the pond chooses ;)
Regardless of which candidate becomes president, the US will continue to have extremely heated political arguments.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Especially if the one I like loses[emoji35]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Yep, 95.27% of all political arguments in the US are started by Mike.

And Peggy
arteitle

Post by arteitle »

Muppetboy09 wrote:It looks like it has been fixed, but the error did last for a couple weeks, I believe.
It wasn't fixed last night for his concert at The Toledo Zoo... I was wondering whether he was going to sing the "spastic" line, and when he got to that point in the song he did sing it, but the video had been edited to remove it, got out of sync with the song, and ended before the song was over.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

arteitle wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:It looks like it has been fixed, but the error did last for a couple weeks, I believe.
It wasn't fixed last night for his concert at The Toledo Zoo... I was wondering whether he was going to sing the "spastic" line, and when he got to that point in the song he did sing it, but the video had been edited to remove it, got out of sync with the song, and ended before the song was over.
In that case, it is sometimes fixed...how the hell does that work? It was fixed last week!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I know the video was messed up for the concert in Bay City, Michigan on June 25. Interesting that he cut that part out entirely and his video people didn't get back around to fixing it.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I am trying to explain to someone on youtube why Al used an apostrophe where it says "Learn your ABC's, doofus." I said that the ABC logo was used, so the apostrophe was used as a possessive, since the logo is owned by ABC. Am I wrong here?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325