Re: Mission Statement

Post by minnick27 »

No. Jimmy has had people on there doing that same bit many times
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Well, Well, Well wrote:So it that jimmy Fallon basically stealing Al's idea?
When we talked to him it didn't feel like Al was really implying that at all. Seemed more so like just a really weird coincidence. That dope Fallon is always doing that impression so it wouldn't surprise me if it was just a coincidence.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
WeirdFetter
Occasional

Post by WeirdFetter »

Well, Well, Well wrote:So it that jimmy Fallon basically stealing Al's idea?
Not at all. Jimmy does a Neil Young bit where he sings a song that Neil wouldn't sing. It's pretty good.
Always and forever a Weird Al fan.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/ ... exclusive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Video is out (although I am sure most of us have already seen it)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Stupid video wont play on my phone
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
SharriSCOTS

Post by SharriSCOTS »

That video is so boring and dumb.
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

It's probably my least favorite of the bunch. Visually it's pretty cool, but there aren't a lot of jokes (kind of like the song itself I guess).
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

remmy wrote:It's probably my least favorite of the bunch. Visually it's pretty cool, but there aren't a lot of jokes (kind of like the song itself I guess).
Much like the song itself, you must be familiar with corporate philosophies to get the humor of the song and video. I had many LOL moments during the song, and the video was perfect for the song, because corporate trainings use this form of animation for videos about business strategies and mission statements. Personally, I loved it!
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Grom wrote:
TMBJon wrote:He was apparently trying to work something out where he would go on Jimmy Fallon and perform this song with the real CSN as "Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Yankovic." But then Al was told that there were no openings for him to come on the show. And then a week or so later, CSN actually did appear on the Tonight Show and sang "Fancy" with Jimmy-as-Neil-Young!
Jimmy Fallon is a smurfin' idiot.
This doesn't mean that Jimmy Fallon lied to him, just so he could perform. He has to pay his guests. And he already had the celebrities that were being interviewed that he had to pay, and then he added CSN and he had to pay them too. Maybe they just didn't wanna pay one more person.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
tankgirl73

Post by tankgirl73 »

Hey, I like this video. It's not LOL-hilarious, it's... poignant. It's appropriate.

I'm not a huge fan of this song. I think I've mentioned that I appreciate the concept, I'm just not a fan of CSN-Y music so the song doesn't 'do anything' for me. But I actually like it a lot better with the video. I think it does a great job of showcasing the juxtaposition of hippie with capitalist, which is what the humour is actually about for this song (like how a good deal of the humour of Trigger Happy is in the contrast between the dark lyrical content and the super-happy dancey music). The paisley sections in the instrumental breaks actually did have me chortling out loud.