My Own Eyes

Moderator: Moderators

amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Re: [spoiler][lyrics] My Own Eyes

Post by amzo39 »

It's similar but I wouldn't say it's exactly the same.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It is. Note for note identical.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Okay well they're in different keys so it's not note for note identical if you want to go that far.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I'm pretty sure velvet revolver ripped people off when their "super group" got together though.
taste is only something if it is yours.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

The melody of the vocals of the chorus sound just like some Offspring song (maybe something off Ignition?)...
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

eleventhirtyfour wrote:The melody of the vocals of the chorus sound just like some Offspring song (maybe something off Ignition?)...
Actually, I can kind of hear that too. Though, a lot of alt-rock 90s bands have styles that overlap, which is probably why people are hearing Offspring and Nickelback.
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

Not sure if this what you're thinking of, but The Offspring had a recent single ("Days Go By") that a lot of people thought sounded like the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These". There's also a hint of that song in "My Own Eyes", particularly from the bridge/breakdown forward.

Anyway, this is the one original that I've caved in and listened to so far. The lyrics didn't make that much of an impression on first listen*, but it sure is catchy and he nailed the Foo Fighters sound. It reminds me most strongly of their latest album Wasting Light (which I thought was their best in a while), though there's also a hint of the hits from One By One (including "Times Like These" as mentioned above).

EDIT: Okay, after listening more and reading along with the lyrics, I take back this comment. This song is hilarious, especially the last verse.
Last edited by cromulnt on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Another great original! I honestly have to say that the originals on this album are the best Al has ever done, from a musical perspective.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

No way, the bad hair day originals are the best collection of originals. But I think the originals here are slightly stronger than the parodies, tho maybe that's because I know those bands more. I'm still not impressed with this as a foo fighters parody, especially finding out it might sound more like velvet revolver and the offspring lol. Definitely starts as "all my life" does tho.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

cromulnt wrote:Not sure if this what you're thinking of, but The Offspring had a recent single ("Days Go By") that a lot of people thought sounded like the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These". There's also a hint of that song in "My Own Eyes", particularly from the bridge/breakdown forward.
Yeah, I was gonna say that if this sounds anything like The Offspring it's gotta be based on their more recent work.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...