Lame Claim to Fame

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Lame Claim to Fame

Post by Bruce the Duck »

This has absolutely no votes in the "Most Anticipated Original" thread. Which is strange considering the track 2 spot is always reserved for one of the strongest, and definitely the quirkiest songs on the album.

Some have speculated on YouTube stars being the subject matter. That's a strong possibility, as are possibly people like the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo.

Any thoughts on this one as far as the subject or style parody target?
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Re: Lame Claim to Fame

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

My wild stab in the dark is that it be done either in the style of Barenaked Ladies or Def Leppard.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Not many people have a working knowledge of YouTube stars. Although it could be about viral videos, in which somebody gets fifteen minutes of fame and is then completely forgotten.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I'd love a BNL style parody.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

tomatochives wrote:Not many people have a working knowledge of YouTube stars. Although it could be about viral videos, in which somebody gets fifteen minutes of fame and is then completely forgotten.
I think there are enough YouTube stars, especially the really lame ones, that people know of to make it work. But it wouldn't even have to make mention of the specific people's names or channel names. It could just "list" all the ridiculous things that people can get famous for on YouTube, or social network sites.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

tomatochives wrote:Not many people have a working knowledge of YouTube stars. Although it could be about viral videos, in which somebody gets fifteen minutes of fame and is then completely forgotten.
But Als biggest audience for most of his records ends up being tween-teenage boys who would have a working knowledge of YouTube stars
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Very curious about what direction this could take. My first thought would be a reverse-Skipper Dan type song, where a guy is really famous, but hates what he's famous for.
And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I think this could go the viral video route.

I'm already picturing the video for this one starting w/a cheap clip of someone falling that looks to have been filmed on an iPhone followed by Al's character bragging to people about his supposed "notoriety".
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

BNL seems like a reasonable guess for this. The title just seems like a good fit and BNL would be a good style target & it's definitely a band Al likes.
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I would absolutely be okay with a BNL style parody. Come to think of it, they should do a small tour together sometime.