Lame Claim to Fame

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Lame Claim to Fame

Post by mrmeadows »

Relax....I'm not being a prude. I was simply saying that was the last thing I expected to read around here. (That was a true statement. Hey, it's an...*ahem* unique LCTF!) Was I offended, or do I otherwise care? Nope on both.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Can we all agree it was really gross? I think I side with "Maggie" on this one! :vomit:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

mrmeadows wrote:Relax....I'm not being a prude. I was simply saying that was the last thing I expected to read around here. (That was a true statement. Hey, it's an...*ahem* unique LCTF!) Was I offended, or do I otherwise care? Nope on both.
Alright sorry for getting aggressive.
TMBJon wrote:Can we all agree it was really gross? I think I side with "Maggie" on this one! :vomit:
Maggie update: a year and a half ago after we broke up, she died her hair purple and started smoking cloves can you say :tacky:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

I didn't even question that story being in this thread for some reason
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

amzo39 wrote:I didn't even question that story being in this thread for some reason
Yes, it was definitely in the wrong thread. Clearly he meant for it to go in the RWS "Germs" thread.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

One thing I've wondered a few times while listening to this song, did Al have any plans in case any of the celebrities mentioned in the song had an unexpected death between the recording and release date? Would he rerecord the lyrics, or just release the song as is?
And Peggy
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Good question. I could see someone like the song's narrator boasting about such connections after the celebrity died.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Big Spoon wrote:One thing I've wondered a few times while listening to this song, did Al have any plans in case any of the celebrities mentioned in the song had an unexpected death between the recording and release date? Would he rerecord the lyrics, or just release the song as is?
He could have combined it with "Tacky" and bragged about live-tweeting the funeral and taking selfies with the deceased.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Apparently, SCOTS is whining about the lack of royalties from LCTF
Miller believes "Camel Walk" is the basis for a new Weird Al Yankovic tune about name-droppers and publicity-hounds, "Lame Claim to Fame." The video/song features Weird Al in overalls and plaid, the kind of redneck garb frequently worn by Miller. According to SCOTS frontman, Yankovic lifts the song's melody minus a single note. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but he wishes Yankovic had just covered the damn song.

"Flattery's nice," he says, "but the reach-around royalty would've been even better."
http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/char ... id=5022039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

AlejandraDD wrote:Apparently, SCOTS is whining about the lack of royalties from LCTF
Miller believes "Camel Walk" is the basis for a new Weird Al Yankovic tune about name-droppers and publicity-hounds, "Lame Claim to Fame." The video/song features Weird Al in overalls and plaid, the kind of redneck garb frequently worn by Miller. According to SCOTS frontman, Yankovic lifts the song's melody minus a single note. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but he wishes Yankovic had just covered the damn song.

"Flattery's nice," he says, "but the reach-around royalty would've been even better."
http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/char ... id=5022039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's all written as if it wasn't a widely known fact that LCTF is a style parody :lol: . I wonder how Al will react when he finds out about such reaction :?
What is " reach-around royalty"?