Least Favorite Song

Moderator: Moderators

Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Re: Least Favorite Song

Post by Corey »

Jackson Park Express is probably my least favorite. I like that he was doing a style parody of Cat Stevens, but it's not catchy enough to me.
6/30/15
WesY2K
Occasional

Post by WesY2K »

I just don't like "First World Problems". Lyrics are fine but the music just sounds to me like B-52s with electric guitars. Can't stand them (I also dislike Mr. Popeil... not the guy, don't know him).

JPX isn't any less disturbing than "Good Old Days". Love both :P

What I generally dislike on this album is the way "filters" or "effects" or whatever you call them were used or overused. Inactive is the most obvious. The Tacky refrain harmonizing effect just makes it sound fake or computerized instead of choir-y. And the one he used for JPX which makes his singing sound like... don't know. More like an old vinyl record or something? Can't put my finger on it but this SUCKS.

Maybe they will release a filter-free special edition later on? With the new My Own Eyes lyrics found in this thread? ;)
Troodon
Occasional

Post by Troodon »

I'm surprised so many people put down "Mission Statement" as that's actually my favorite on the whole album. It's both funny and musically just great to listen to.

For me the least favorite would have to be Lame Claim to Fame, the only song I can honestly say I dislike. I just don't care much for the musical style, and the joke gets old very quick and feels repetitive. I usually just skip it. Next to least would be First World Problems, because I don't care much for the musical style, but lyrically it's a lot funnier than LCTF. (I don't dislike the song though, it just ranks second to the bottom for me on the album).
DiegoMcArthur

Post by DiegoMcArthur »

I pretty much love the whole album, I don't really have any songs that I hate, but if I had to choose a least favorite, I'd probably have to go with "First World Problems", although Al and the band do a great job (as always), it simply didn't peak my interest or humor as much the other tracks did.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

"Mission Statement"
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Wow It just goes to show how Al has something for everyone.My favorite song on the album is MISSION STATEMENT. I feel it's a masterpiece. The juxtaposition of the idealistic 70's to the hard core corporate jargon is genius. The music is amazing!!!!!!! :inlove:
My second favorite song is FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. I love the Pixies and I love Al's message and I love the music. :inlove:

Okay....my least favorite....
LAME CLAIM TO FAME. I feel the joke wears out after the first few lines and I just can't take all of that cow bell! :killed:
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

chickadee wrote: Okay....my least favorite....
LAME CLAIM TO FAME. I feel the joke wears out after the first few lines and I just can't take all of that cow bell! :killed:
More like LAME LAME TO LAME
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

My least favorite is Inactive. I think, like others have mentioned, that it lacks his creativity and it's not fun to listen to. It's kind of cringey for me actually. It's the only one on the album I frequently skip. Al usually works so skillfully with the songs he parodies, and makes the words flow perfectly, and I felt like this one was just not his usual great work.
At the beginning I wasn't really into Lame Claim to Fame or My Own Eyes or Handy, but they all grew on me quite a bit.
And disagreeing with a lot of people here, I love Mission Statement and Sports Song! They're not laugh-out-loud funny, as was said, but still entertaining and amusing.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I only like Sports Song because it describes the Old Firm perfectly.
Celtic should play it at one of their matches. Would definitely scare Rangers off :lol:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Mission Statement is vocally riveting!! Only an idiot wouldn't like that song, I guess there are plenty of those though. I once said I don't believe Sports Song should be on an essential's album but I still think it is awesome!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!