2005 (Third) WOWAY Awards Chit Chat Topic

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

So, is this the place to throw one's proverbial hat into the ring? I'm hoping to get elected Poet Laureate of the WOWAY. You can find my epic poem "Ode To Bermuda" and my many Odes to Al in the Al Poems Topic under Fan Creativity.

That probably wasn't one of the Wo-wards categories, right? Can it be? Now I want to be the *first* Poet Laureate of the WOWAY. Pweeeez? (Hey, in what month does the whole thing happen, anyway?)
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Bring this up more than once, but more than likely (if we have enough nominees) it'll get added. ;)
In hiding since 2010
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Campaigning for a position is the surest way not to get it.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

scottidog @ Jan 6 2005, 09:37 PM wrote: Campaigning for a position is the surest way not to get it.
:lookaround: I found that out the hard way..... how do politician's win then? :P
In hiding since 2010
sailorsilver84
Obsessed

Post by sailorsilver84 »

algonacchick @ Dec 16 2004, 05:11 AM wrote: You know, you're right. It's not the topic. Paypal is safe. If sailorsilver wants to donate through Paypal, she should feel free to do so. No need to try and discourage her, or anyone else from donating.
I appreciate your concern, but I'm not totally comfortable with Paypal. I've asked several people who I should send a check to, and for an address and no one has given me a straight answer yet. Come on, guys, a little help here? :(
Inu-Yasha & Tetsusaiga...it's a bishie thing!
I know a man w/a wooden leg named Smith!
What's the name of his other leg?
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

sailorsilver84 @ Jan 7 2005, 07:44 AM wrote: I appreciate your concern, but I'm not totally comfortable with Paypal. I've asked several people who I should send a check to, and for an address and no one has given me a straight answer yet. Come on, guys, a little help here? :(
I can cash checks in the Netherlands, allthough it will cost me a few euro. At this moment I prefer Paypal because the dollar rate is really low vs the euro (10 dollar is only 8 euro here). And if you also think of the fact that everything in the Netherlands is much more expensive than in America you can do the calculation :)

But I don't mind cashing checks, it is possible :)

If you need my address, just send me an email or PM me :)
Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/bartdrummer
running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

Bart , hope you read my message !!
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

However, Fan Creativity doesn't nessecarily have to mean Art.....but nominees aren't up to me....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

spacedingo @ Jan 7 2005, 02:09 PM wrote: However, Fan Creativity doesn't nessecarily have to mean Art.....but nominees aren't up to me....
Creativity is broken down into seperate areas, right?
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

That's how I did it, but it's up to the hosts to decide. They can run the Awards however they want. I personally hope the next WOWAY Awards is big on Fan Creativity Awards. Those are some of the best topics lately, and there hasn't been much Al news (the end of the tour and that's about it) since the last ceremony anyway.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!