2007 (Fifth) WOWAY Awards Chit Chat Topic

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Answer time:

One quick question. I'm nominated for best avatar (non-photo.) I don't need to change my avatar back to the year-round avatar, right?

There's no need to change your current avatar to your nominated avatar.

Could we create a category called "The Most Mediocre Member Award"?  :P  I definitely think I could have a lock on that one.

You'd probably have better luck winning the "Most Pleasant WOWAY member" or something like that (not saying that's a category ... and not saying Most Mediocre Member won't be ... :P )

Will there be a catagory for Best Fan Artist (Multimedia)?

There will be at least 21 more categories!

And not really an answer, but a comment ...

I would like to ask if I not be nominated fo Funniest Member. It's been kind of embarrassing winning it every time, and I think we desperatly need some new blood for the award *cough*Ak*cough*

A Funniest Member category without a Dingo nomination? I don't really think so, pal (although I am personally restricting myself from nominating anyone, I am sure someone will). And there is plenty of new blood that could easily compete in this category (if it is actually a category!) ... this forum is packed with funny people (one of the reasons I like hanging out here, even more than that Prince forum I visit for short periods of time).

One last thing ... if you have a question on who's been nominated or seconded, you can find all of that in the first post in the official topic (yep, it's completely updated, as far as I can tell ... let me know if I missed something).
PMFL!
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

So this time around, we're covering about a year's worth of time here?

I'm going to dig up some of the things I've worked on in the past year :D
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I will be out of the country until after the New Year, so unfortunately I will not have a chance to see the categories and pimp myself here in this thread.

But a few notable achievements would be that I was the first to break the "behind the scenes" scoop on the White & Nerdy video shoot, which you can read about in the W&N video thread. Also, I got to the Final Three in Survivor. I'm sure I did a lot more but I don't remember at this point and it's 3AM.

I'll leave the rest up to you.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

...I'll be more careful this time:

Thanks for the nomination(?) and second(!), guys :D

I remember this being helpful last year. Here are the parodies I've written and recorded since the last awards:

October 28th, 2005 - May 28, 2006 (Written)
Stay Thai
Mac: Switch
I Smell Cookies
S.A.T. (That's My Grade)
Weatherman's Ambition
Stan & the Sequencers
The Lone Realtor
They're Tiny
That's How Gamers Spend Their Bucks
The Virus
Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Dear Tony
101 Questions
Silicone Girl
Criminal
Welcome 2 Bedrock
Online Gamer
The Song of Parody
Stay Thai Pt. II
Al Didn't Write That Song
It is Called a Wii
Say Batman - Say Wot
Next Best Love
Attack of the Giant Enemy Crab from a Country Near Guam
Internet

May 29th, 2006 - Now (Written)
Greyhound
Crazy Wife
Let's Go to Target
The Fresh Prince of VD
Every Single Class
Halloween
MoneyBack
Snack That
Elderly
We're Downloadin'
Need to Floss
Traffic Jam
MySpace
Hooked on the Ceiling
I Want to Get a Wii
La La La La La
Insane
Xbox
I'm Still Alive
Soylent Green
I Wanna Bug You
Success Story
Cannibal
Billz

October 28th, 2005 - May 28, 2006 (Recorded)
Stay Thai
Mac: Switch
I Smell Cookies
S.A.T. (That's My Grade)
Weatherman's Ambition
They're Tiny
Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Stay Thai Pt. II
It is Called a Wii

May 29th, 2006 - Now (Recorded)
Let's Go to Target
The Fresh Prince of VD
MoneyBack
Snack That

Of course, all of my parodies (written) can be found here, and my recorded parodies can be found here.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Kevbo1987 @ Dec 20 2006, 11:35 AM wrote: Could we create a category called "The Most Mediocre Member Award"? :P I definitely think I could have a lock on that one.
I've with ya there, Kevbo. :lol:
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

I heard that when you want an award, you can't nominate yourself anymore. So, instead, you have to pimp yourself in this thread. So I guess now is the time for *checks pimp name generator* G. Digital N00b Valentine to pimp her mad postin' skillz...

In this thread, we were discussing this absolutely awful fan-made video for Albuquerque that was made. My comment was as follows:

[quote=""G. Digital N00b Valentine""]
I think it was a work of unrivalled genius, with the nuances of metaphysical alteration too great for a mind like mine, IQ of 150 and all, to comprehend fully in this lifetime. Witness the subtle alteration of "a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street from..." to "a box under the stairs in the corner half a block down the street from..."
This subtle wordsmithing implies that the corner is in something, presumably a house, and that that house is half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait Shop. Later, the artist, and I use that term in every sense of the word, says, "...get out of that basement..", thus proving that the box is in the corner of a basement! Thus the artist shows Al's point in many fewer words than Al did. This man is clearly a genius, and once again I use that in every sense of the word.
[/quote]

You can just smell the sarcasm...

Anyway, Jake Waters then posted:

[quote=""jake waters""]
If it was up to me (and it's not), you would win the award of "Best...Post...Ever.."
[/quote]

"weird al" rocks then posted:

[quote=""'weird al' rocks""]
Lol I agree! Nice job Dumb n00b for Al!
[/quote]

So there you have it. The artist formerly known as Dumb n00b for Al, previously known as Dumb N00b, and, for this post only, known as "G. Digital N00b Valentine" is responsible for the best post on WOWAY. Thanks.

Oh, and remember boys and girls, pigs and virgins, pimpin' ain't easy.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Don't flatter yourself, Abbott :P
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Wow, Noob... you managed to nominate yourself, and second and third yourself all in the same post! Just for the sheer chutzpah, I nominate your above mentioned post for... uh... whatever category you nominated it for. (I really haven't been following this thread.)

I've been too busy moderating. Yup, a mod's work is never done. But, I don't mind. I love my mod duties...

Scottidog
muliple winner of Best Mod. (See? Pimpin' ain't all that hard.) :F
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I believe the topic was Best Post on WOWAY, or something like that. I'll second that! Brilliant, dnfa.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Do we need to post that in the other topic?