2007 (Fifth) WOWAY Awards Chit Chat Topic

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Ideally ... yes, the nominations and seconds should go in the Official topic ... but I have caught them and added Dnfa's entry where it needs to be. :Y
PMFL!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Thanks!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I noticed there's a couple awards without anything under them. What happens if no one nominates something/someone for them? Will it be replaced with another award, so the total still comes to 27?
taste is only something if it is yours.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Yes, that's the plan ... hopefully, that won't be the case when all things are said and done ... but I am prepared either way.
PMFL!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

If there is still an award for Best Game, should games be disqualified for the Best Topic award?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

If a game is nominated for Best Topic, I don't see a reason to disqualify it (even if there is a Best Game category) ... if it was nominated and seconded, at least two people found it to be eligible for Best Topic.
PMFL!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Logically, though, if a game wins Best Topic, of course it's going to win Best Game as well.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Then it must have been a heck of a game, and perhaps deserves both of those awards.

Logically, if it was nominated for Best Topic, the person who nominated it felt that it deserved it. And the person who seconded it felt the same way.

I'm still not following the reasoning why a game Topic should be disqualified from the Best Topic category, even if it could fall into another category. Basically, the category fits any Topic on the forum.

And, of course, no one is forcing you or anyone else to vote for a game when the time comes to vote for Best Topic.
PMFL!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I don't know if it's too late to do this, Ak, but I think it'd be a good idea to have a special section of the WOWAY awards dedicated to the spoiler season. These would be special awards that would only happen for years that a new album was being released, such as this past one.

Some possible categories:

"Best Spoiler Hunter"
"Best Spoiler Topic"
"Single Best Spoiler"
"Best Scam"
"Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler"
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

That sounds alright, but "Best Spoiler Hunter," "Best Spoiler Topic," and "Single Best Spoiler" probably all belong to you, Bruce! You hunted down the tracklist, you posted it, and thus your topic was easily the best spoiler topic of all.... I see what you're trying to do there. |)
taste is only something if it is yours.