2008 (Sixth) WOWAY Awards Chit Chat Topic

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

The Doctor @ September 14, 2008 02:16 am wrote: Hey! I didn't ask for 11 nominations. :blink:
I don't think I deserve it at all.
I am just hoping The Doctor avatar wins.. it means a lot to me, and I think it is the only thing nomination-worthy of mine.
Why are you complaining? YOU'RE POPULAR!

Enjoy it!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

yes, we like you Stephen :) I made sure to vote for your signature and a couple other Stephen-related entries.
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Hi. Seva, the Russian fan here. Well, this is the first WOWAY award where I haven't been nominated for Best Foreign Fan. What can I say? I'm really, really, REALLY sad and upset. ;( OK, I agree - I didn't have much time lately to hang around here, mainly because I only wanted to fellow WOWAY and Al's footsteps and that gave me dozens and dozens of concerts and performances that take more time than I even expected. Or maybe I'm just boring and totally unfunny, humorless, tedious Commie. But few do remember that I was actually one of the first international fans here, when WOWAY just was a little place for enthusiasts (also non-orthography), and I also took some people's attention in Russia to Al and his work... I certainly won't do crazy things like going away, sice WOWAY is still a home sweet home (and a wife too, if you remember!) for me, but now I'm really heartbroken. <_< :(

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Please don't take it personal.
Different year, different set of people that need their turn to get some recognition.
You were nominated, it just didn't make it onto the ballot.
Silence will fall.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Aww, I'm sorry, Seva. Don't feel bad. Even though I have never won an award in the category I'm about to mention, I was not nominated for Best Fan Artist, Original Material this time out. I'm not real sad about it, but it would have been nice. Ah, well.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

algonacchick @ September 14, 2008 12:57 pm wrote: Aww, I'm sorry, Seva. Don't feel bad. Even though I have never won an award in the category I'm about to mention, I was not nominated for Best Fan Artist, Original Material this time out. I'm not real sad about it, but it would have been nice. Ah, well.
Seva, Patti, we can all commiserate. I missed the ballot for yet another year in "best use of bunnies in an avatar", "funniest parenthetical comment below his or her name but not in a signature", AND "most references to anatomical parts by their actual Latin names". *sigh*.....

Cheers, Diva
who finds Al just the right thing for her nucleus accumbens
Wharf Hamster since September 25, 2002
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Seva, we also have more foriegn members here than ever before. We still like you.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

:lol: for Diva!

AND - thank you folks for your kind words. Duh, what an egomaniac could a person be! - there are dozens of decent people who weren't even mentioned during the awards! And, also a good valuable life lesson to me - a career's a career, but don't forget about your friends! Promise I'll be more insightful and best next time. :D Love ya!

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

Elvis @ September 15, 2008 07:39 am wrote: [ http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/913/2474505467ff66d132acev0.jpg ]
Hmmmmm it's a tough choice!
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --