2010 WOWAY Awards nominations

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: WOWAY Awards

Post by TMBJon »

Ladies and Gentlemen, all categories for the WOWAY Awards have been finalized. You can see them in the first post of this topic.

Information about how to vote will come out within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, I wanted to give everyone a heads up about what to expect from the actual show, and what I will need from you.

We have 27 categories and therefore I am looking for as many volunteers as possible for people interested in being award presenters. Think of a real award show you watch on TV like the Oscars or Emmys, in which celebrities who are attending the event anyway present other awards to their colleagues. You are all invited to do the same.

If you are interested in presenting an award, please send me a PM as soon as possible with your idea for how you'd like to present. There are a few options that stand out right away: recording a video of yourself, telling a few jokes about WOWAY or the category you are presenting for, record yourself singing a song, coming up with a text-based skit you can perform. Any ideas you have, the more creative the better, please let me know 1) that you're interested, 2) what you'd like to do, and 3) if you have a category in mind you want to present for. I would like to get as many participants as possible to make this award show great. Also, keep in mind you can't present for an award that you are nominated for.

Structure: I will be the host and will do an opening bit, then I will invite presenters, one by one, to present the awards. This will all be taking place within this topic, not in any real physical place. If you choose to play a video, you can paste the URL right into the thread. If you want to make a cool Photoshop image or something like that, you can post that right into this thread as well. Then you will announce the winner of your category, and the winner will get to come up and accept his or her prize.

Any questions, ask in the Chit Chat thread. If you're interested in participating (and anyone who's anyone should be interested in participating, even if you have NO IDEA what you want to do just yet), send me a PM.

You will have until January to get your act together for this, so don't feel the time pressure yet. Just let me know if you want to participate in any way.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

WOWAY Awards - Voting is Closed!

Post by TMBJon »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Official Ballot for the WOWAY Awards:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229ZX8VYWAN

ONE ENTRY PER USER.

And we have some interest already from presenters/participators, but unless you want this WOWAY Awards to suck we need YOU to participate as well. Everyone and anyone should participate, and the more people that do, the more fun the event will be.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

JEDM wrote:
Elvis wrote:Avatar Of The Year - nominate Jigawatt and his series of holidy themed taco avatars
Seconded.
Missing from the ballot... ;(
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Crap! I feel really bad about that, but I can't go in to edit it.
So I think what I will do is this: The OFFICIAL listing is the one in the first post of this thread. If there were any nominees you wanted to vote for in that thread that did not make my nominees page somehow, please leave that field blank and PM me and I will be sure your vote is counted accurately. I apologize for this mistake greatly.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

So I was filling out my ballot, but my computer crashed before it was finished. If it submitted the votes I had already filled out, can you please ignore that one and use the ballot I'll be sending in later?
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Yes, and if anyone has any problems with voting using that form, please just PM me your choices and I will be sure they are counted.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

No hard end date yet, folks, but I want to close the voting before Christmas. I am thinking the ceremony will be mid January.

If you have not yet voted,
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229ZX8VYWAN

And the slots are starting to fill up on the presentations list. We have some inspired presenters already, and if you've been nominated (or not), let me know if you'd like to present any of these categories. The show will only be as good as the people who want to be involved so if you think what you've seen so far sucks, PM me for your own time in the limelight.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I will allow voting through December 24, 2009 at 11:59pm Eastern.
If you have not yet voted, now's the time. If you know someone who hasn't voted, send them a PM or DM or IM.
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Re: WOWAY Awards - Voting is Open!

Post by samuraisumo »

a category that should have been added. Best Ask.. topic. :p
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

The following categories are still open for presenters who have not yet signed up (and they are filling up quickly!):

OA In WOWAY Attendance
Game Thread Of The Year

Remember you can only sign up to present if you are not nominated in that category.
Last edited by TMBJon on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.