7/28/15 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: 7/28/15 Red Bank, NJ Count Basie Theatre

Post by tomatochives »

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the weekend to end!
Sneezie127

Post by Sneezie127 »

I'll be in the second row!!! So excited to meet Weird Al with my son!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Flying to New York tomorrow then I'll go and meet Jigawatt in Jersey on Tuesday for the show! :great: Excited!!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sneezie127

Post by Sneezie127 »

I bought tickets for the Czar Experience. I thought I would get an email with more details about tomorrow, but haven't. Has anyone else received more information?
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

This is in a few hours!!!!!!! :oo
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Have fun y'all!! It's going to be riot!!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Enjoy, Sneezie!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Really good show tonight, the crowd was rowdy, which made it good. Al's got a new sound guy, and he knows what's he doing because the sound was really good, which is kind of tough to get it right in a older theater like this. I went with my mom and her friend Karen and of course Jackie. We got there about 6:30 and stopped at a restaurant about a block away from the theater called Jaiman's and wow, it was good, highly recommended. On the short walk over to the theater, I ran into tomatochives. :w Then we picked up our tickets and passes and headed in to our seats. We met up with Adrian, Anne, Alicia, and Bob for a quick pre-show chat.

Al walked down the street for "Tacky" and came in through the front door of the theater. It was funny because the whole time he walking down the street, a man and his young daughter who were going to the concert, were following him. He also high-fived a few people and bumped chests with another guy. There was a new blond wig for PTW. The entire first three or so rows jumped for "Fat". No tool belt for "Handy". There was a very entertaining unplanned moment during the transition to OTAS where the harmonica guy raised the harmonica and knocked the microphone off the stand and it fell to the floor. They both kind of stood there in silence, like now what do we do, then Al started cracking up. Someone picked up the microphone and the band started playing and Al started singing, so we missed the opening harmonica solo, but when the second harmonica time came up, the harmonica guy nailed it perfect;y and Al played louder than I ever heard him, and the whole place cheered like crazy.

After the show, briefly said hi to Jerry who I met in Las Vegas, and then my gang was ushered downstairs to a holding area with a lot of tables and the Yankees game on the TV. It was 17-5, Yankees winning at the time. Bermuda met us at the door, and basically told us they have a new sound guy who's a real pro and basically figured out the entire show at the afternoon sound check/rehearsal , so he asked us how we liked the sound, which I honestly thought was really good. Bermuda then excused himself to get some rest. We were down there for a little while then Jim and Ruben popped their heads in and chatted with their guests. I didn't get to say more than a hello and a wave to either of them. Al quietly sneaked in and my gang hung back so we could be last in line. He was in really good spirits and I jokingly asked him how it was possible that he was both here live on stage and on TV (Hollywood Game Night) at the same exact time, and he said it was like the Flintstones episode where Fred was in two places at once.

We couldn't hang around and do our usual after show goofing off to all hours of the night, but we did manage to find time leave me behind alone in a deserted alley, recreate a classic photo, pay homage to a Beatles album cover, and break the law to hang out the Johnny Cash the firefighter, so overall it was a successful evening.

No camera for me tonight, so Jackie, Adrian, or Alicia will have to post all the pretty pictures.

Dave

edit: Ok, one picture from Jackie's camera.

UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Youtube

Some post show fun from tonight waiting at the busses!
I had a great time at the show tonight and had an especially fun time talking to, and rocking out with, tomatochives :) Sadly Al didn't come out. But apparenly Suzanne and Nina were in! So its understandable :)
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

For what it's worth, he's still going to read my letter. :great: