Mandatory VIP/Czar Experience (Official)

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

CIDENTERTAINMENT

Re: Mandatory VIP/Czar Experience (Official)

Post by CIDENTERTAINMENT »

Alicepuppy wrote:i felt rushed at the meet and greet in Madison last night. Make sure you see your picture with Al before being hurried out. I wasn't even looking at the camera or even at Al's head level, I'm 6'3", all legs with a bad knee. The photographer said "good picture" and I took his word because they seem to be more concerned about keeping the line moving. Not a good way to end an otherwise awesome evening.
We do not time the meet and greet. Instead we allow it to flow organically. If you think you will need more time to talk with Al, we have no problem with you requesting to be towards the end of the line so you can not feel rushed. We would certainly allow guests to view their photo before moving on. Just ask!
CIDENTERTAINMENT

yankochick38 wrote:Being rushed is the whole reason why, for as many times as I've met Al now ( :lookaround: ), I've never really talked to him or said anything to him because I've had so much anxiety about being told to hurry up or move along that I just hurry through it instead of enjoying it at all. I thought that maybe, maybe it would be different with the Czar meet and greet since you actually pay for this whole experience so you should be able to actually spend a little time with Al before being rushed out, rather than waiting by the bus and just being told by security to hurry up because they had no personal attachment to Al. I only did Czar once last year, and I couldn't really tell if it was rushed since I was trying to rush myself to get to the people I came with so we could drive 3 hours back to New Jersey. I've heard some people tell their story of actually being able to talk to Al for a minute at the Czar meet and greet, and others here saying it's still rushed. If the latter is the case and it is still as rushed as the bus meet and greets were, I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to say anything to Al. And that sucks. Because I paid money for this moment. As did everyone else. Everyone should be able to spend some time with Al, AND take selfies if they wish because honestly selfies turn out much better than pictures other people take.

Billy better get a beret. :foil:
We want the meet and greets with Al to flow naturally. They are not timed. If anyone feels as though they would like more time with Al, please just let us know that you would like to be towards the back of the line so as to avoid feeling any pressure of the line behind you. We absolutely allow selfies - just be sure to talk to our staff and request it as your photo option.
Alicepuppy

Post by Alicepuppy »

This is all good information I wish I knew last Sunday night. I guess it's my fault that I was going with what I was told to do during the meet and greet. I truly felt that I had zero say in anything and god forbid I ask for anything out of the ordinary. If I knew I could have asked for the photographer to wait while I got into position-not the easiest for me- I would have had a better picture where I was actually looking into the camera. And if I knew, I would have asked to see the picture for sure, I wouldn't have taken the photographer's word that the picture was good. I am the customer, I paid a lot of money that I don't really have, and I expected better at the meet and greet, my bad I guess. Everything else was awesome, don't get me wrong.
CIDENTERTAINMENT

PS, since tomorrow is Wednesdsy, I hope that CID Entertainment will visit this topic and address some recent concerns! :flower:

Dear CID Entertainment: Can I please make the Radio City VIP party into my birthday bash and bring cakes to eat? :birthday: Regards, Alicia

Dear CID Entertainment: Do you actually time each person's meeting with Al to make sure they don't go over an alloted amount of time? If so, I would like to know the specific time limit you limit the meet and greets to so I can prepare a monologue. Regards, Alicia

Dear CID Entertainment: Will Billy get a beret? He's been going to Weird Al concerts for ten years now! :accordion: I can't wear a beret at Radio City because I won't betray Billy, but he can wear one! Best regards, Alicia

Dear CID Entertainment: Are there still three or four tiers to the costume contest? I enjoy dressing up, but I get nervous about performing. Regards, Alicia

Dear CID Entertainment: There seems to be some concern about a foil underwear/swimsuit competition. Care to address this? Regards, Alicia

Dear CID Entertainment: I know JW used to work for JC Penney or whatever so he's basically a master at taking the best picture the first time, but perhaps each person could be allowed a little more time to make sure the picture they paid for is as perfect as they would like? Or else perhaps they could take selfies with Al instead to have direct control over how the picture turns out? Regards, Alicia[/quote]

Hi there! We are so excited that you have chosen to celebrate your birthday with a Weird Al VIP package. We cannot allow outside food and drink into the VIP pre-show party, but there will be light snacks for all VIP party attendees.

We do not time the meet and the greets as we do want them to have an organic feel. If you think you will need more time just give us a heads up that you would like to be toward the end of the line so you will not feel rushed with a line behind you.

We have promised a beret for Billy and intend to deliver on that promise!

The costume contest has multiple rounds including trivia and lip synch battle :)

There is / was a foil swimsuit portion of the foil contest, which has contestants create swimsuits over their outfits. All activities are for all ages and are not 21+ or even 18+ in any instance.

We absolutely allow selfies - just be sure to talk to our staff and request it as your photo option. If you would like a closer up photo of you and Al that does not have stormtroopers in background - just make sure to request it and we’re happy to accommodate!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Alright, I just want to say...mad props to CIDEntertainment. You guys really took your time to make sure every question and concern was answered reasonably and thoroughly. Thank you.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

CIDENTERTAINMENT wrote:
YankoSwag 8888 wrote: We didn't have a foil tat contest we had a 21+ "sexy underwear contest".
There is / was a foil swimsuit portion of the foil contest, which has contestants create swimsuits over their outfits. All activities are for all ages and are not 21+ or even 18+ in any instance.
Weird. Thanks anyways
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

CIDENTERTAINMENT wrote: We have promised a beret for Billy and intend to deliver on that promise!
JUSTICE!

Billy will get his beret! :party: :accordion:

Anyway, thanks to CID for answering all these questions. It all makes sense now why I was able to have some more time with Al, as I was 3rd from the end. Didn't plan it that way. I just don't like to be crowded when exiting a venue, and I had to tie my shoes and gather all my merch.

So, Alicia, I would definitely hang out towards the back of the line, because you absolutely deserve lots of time with Al! All else fails, I'd recommend writing a note / letter for him should you end up freezing up or forget what you'd like to say to him.

Sucks about the birthday party situation, but hopefully it'll be a memorable one and you'll finally get to tell Al what you'd like to tell him after all these years. Plus, like I said, I know that I and others here would be happy to send you something for your birthday. You absolutely deserve to be celebrated! We can figure all that out when it gets closer to your birthday, but if you have anything you'd like from any of us, start thinking of that. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Yankopunk wrote:
CIDENTERTAINMENT wrote: We have promised a beret for Billy and intend to deliver on that promise!
JUSTICE!

Billy will get his beret!
Billy's beret, as mentioned by CID, has actually been promised for a while ;)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Heds wrote: Billy's beret, as mentioned by CID, has actually been promised for a while ;)
I know. Before I joined, this was one of the threads I visited to see how the Czar VIP Experience worked. I remember them promising Billy a beret.

If it's not there for him at Alicia's birthday show, I hope they have her address (they should, from the order) and eventually send him one. We need to see that glorious beret!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Just in case the rep from CID sees this in the future, I want to send my deepest thanks to Ashley S. from CID! I received a wonderful handwritten (beautiful penmanship!) card from her in the mail today thanking me for my kind words about the VIP experience and for attending the concert I attended. Ashley, I hope you get to visit the city again soon and I'm glad you had a great time last fall when you visited! Also, thank you for being so helpful when I sent a question to CID via e-mail! You answered all my questions and gave me a fantastic customer service experience. You rock! :D :accordion:

So, I'm sending my best to everyone from CID for having a big part in the best evening of my life! I'll definitely be at a future Al show. You can bet on that! And again, thanks to Ashley S. for the card. It really brightened my spirits after a sad, trying day. I'll be storing this along with all my mementos from that night. :)