8/21/2016 Madison, WI Overture Center

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

weird_el
Off The Deep End

8/21/2016 Madison, WI Overture Center

Post by weird_el »

WOOHOO! I can walk to this one. :onfire:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Re: 8/21/2016 Madison, WI Overture Center

Post by weird_el »

ROW AA!!! I'm going FULL CZAR :D
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

I'm thinking about this one! It would be a 5 hour drive from the Minneapolis area, I'm going to that show already. I figured I should go to all of the M city shows, at least to the ones that I don't have to fly to :)
I would have to get the VIP ticket since that's all that's available.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

Yep, I am going! I have VIP 7th row but it says limited view but I don't think it will be that bad.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

mswirtz wrote:Yep, I am going! I have VIP 7th row but it says limited view but I don't think it will be that bad.
How was it?? :accordion:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

Oh, it was great--as usual. There was no limited view at all, I could see everything. He walked by me during Tacky and i got the "you're absolutely perfect, don't speak now you might spoil it" for WBUL. I couldn't keep eye contact with him when he sang to me, I had to look away-cuz of the awesomeness, Haha!
I was sitting by a bunch of guys that were not very participative with the songs, they just sat there most of the time. Sometimes they clapped but I was the most animated in our area :)
But the best part of the night was when I checked in for the VIP party. The girl working told me that someone had an extra czar ticket (I just had regular VIP) so they gave me the czar pass! I got to meet Al again! I hope the girl enjoyed the look on my face! The main reason they gave me the pass/ticket because I was by myself. So it paid to go by myself!
I kept my seat that I bought because it was at the end. But I was amazed at all the people that were there for the meet & greet, way more than when I was at Mobile. And we got to go backstage for it so that was cool to see the room where the band was. Steve was sitting in there so a bunch of us waved to him as we walked by. I did see the stage hand girl (no idea what her name is) bringing in a bunch of bagged food. The Darth Vader walked through and high fived us, storm troopers hung out with us while we waited. So much fun!
So I ended up by the front of the line. I did get to talk to the lady that gave up the ticket. I told her "I should at least buy you guys a drink or something!" She was with her son but I didn't get a chance to ask her who couldn't go. She was just glad that someone got to use it.
I got up to Al and surprisingly I wasn't too nervous, which I think is strange for me :D I spoke coherently! I told him that I have been to 3 of his shows in less than two weeks and for the life of me, I can't remember what he said!!!!! (Went to Moorhead on the 12th, Minneapolis this past Friday) it was a good response but I am going to have to really think!! I'm terrible at remembering conversations. I was probably just thinking "I am having a conversation with Weird Al!!!!!!" :) then we took the picture and had to take it twice cuz he looked down after the first flash. I was using my regular camera and had the red eye setting on so it flashes twice. So I have two pics (well, three :) ) with him! I had him sign my flag, think I might put it in a shadow box with some other of his memorabilia. I also told him "my nephew has been telling me to tell you his parody suggestions but I told him you don't take suggestions! So I'll just tell him you said no." :), he laughed at that. Then he thanked me for coming (at least I think that's what he said) and I went on my way. Man, I was walking on air after that!!! I am so glad I got to meet him again! I was planning on maybe waiting outside his bus but I didn't have to! As I was walking out, I did walk past Bermuda but he was having a conversation with a group of people.
Well, that was my experience, the venue was so awesome! I have never been to downtown Madison before so I checked it out the next day. I just got back from the 8 hour drive from Madison so my Weird Al summer is over! But it ended on a great note :)
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

This is so wonderful to hear! Thanks so much for sharing this! :D

I can only imagine how it must feel for the ladies to have Al singing to them, gyrating, and seducing them. It's always so fun to see everyone's reactions.

That is beyond epic that you got upgraded to Czar for free! I'll bet that the girl won't forget how happy she made you with that upgrade.

I saw Steve, too, in the hallway right before my meet and greet. He was talking with one of the other fans, who I'm pretty sure he knew from before as I overheard something about him going to several shows, and I was too nervous to say anything to him as he walked by. The Star Wars guys were great; you could tell that they love doing this.

That's so nice of you to offer something to the people who gave up the ticket. I would've definitely tried to pay them, buy them dinner, or something. It's wonderful to see generous people in this world. :)

Al's a sweetheart, isn't it? If I ever get to meet him again, I know I'd be on air, too. I still can't believe I met him, as it is!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Alicepuppy

Post by Alicepuppy »

The show was awesome, the crowd was much different than Summerfest. I couldn't believe people weren't standing, but they were into the show no doubt. I'm glad your meet was good and you got to get a good picture, my meet was extremley short and my picture was embarrasing. It was cool walking backstage and seeing the band members and stormtroopers.
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

Alicepuppy wrote:The show was awesome, the crowd was much different than Summerfest. I couldn't believe people weren't standing, but they were into the show no doubt. I'm glad your meet was good and you got to get a good picture, my meet was extremley short and my picture was embarrasing. It was cool walking backstage and seeing the band members and stormtroopers.
Yeah, all the shows of his that I have been to have been seated so mostly people stay seated. Except during the star wars songs, most people stood for those. The meet and greets have been short, not even 30 seconds. I am sure that is the biggest complaint.
Anyway, I am glad I got to meet him again.
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

Yankopunk wrote:This is so wonderful to hear! Thanks so much for sharing this! :D

I can only imagine how it must feel for the ladies to have Al singing to them, gyrating, and seducing them. It's always so fun to see everyone's reactions.

That is beyond epic that you got upgraded to Czar for free! I'll bet that the girl won't forget how happy she made you with that upgrade.

I saw Steve, too, in the hallway right before my meet and greet. He was talking with one of the other fans, who I'm pretty sure he knew from before as I overheard something about him going to several shows, and I was too nervous to say anything to him as he walked by. The Star Wars guys were great; you could tell that they love doing this.

That's so nice of you to offer something to the people who gave up the ticket. I would've definitely tried to pay them, buy them dinner, or something. It's wonderful to see generous people in this world. :)

Al's a sweetheart, isn't it? If I ever get to meet him again, I know I'd be on air, too. I still can't believe I met him, as it is!
If I ever get rich or make way more money I would love to do a pay it forward on the next tour, buy someone a czar ticket or whatever the meet & greet passes are called :)
He definitely is a sweet guy!! I still sqwee when I think about meeting him :wub: