9/14/2016 Providence Performing Arts Center - Providence, RI

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Re: 9/14/2016 Providence Performing Arts Center - Providence

Post by senorconebra »

I had Czar last year and I heard the run down is basically the same. Only difference is the traveling museum thing they got going and some tiny things this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
conk or bepis
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

senorconebra wrote:I had Czar last year and I heard the run down is basically the same. Only difference is the traveling museum thing they got going and some tiny things this year
For everything being the same at pretty much all the shows, I wonder why one thing varies so much: the food situation. I've heard wildly different reports from various shows. The show I went to had nothing but tiny bags of Hot Cheetos and Walmart Bakery cookies and brownies. Another show I read about literally had nothing else but a small bowl of dip and a bag of chips. It is never the same setup twice. :lol:

What was the food situation like when you went last year, Alexis? Better, worse, the same?

I'm still waiting for the report about the one fan that snaps, knocks over the table and screams:

HEY! LET'S GET SOME REAL FOOD!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

It was mediocre to say the least. I don't think the venue even catered it at all (like in some instances) because we were at a hotel about 10 minutes away (via walking. It was like 2 minutes away if we drove but we were like nah let's just walk). There were bags of potato, sour cream and onion, and I think some salt and vinegar chips. NH Weird Al Fan's son and I picked at most of the Doritos and we joked about how there was a container of hummus nobody was eating. The bar was awesome, though. The bartenders were two older gentlemen and I wanted just to buy a single can of pineapple juice and one of them said to me "you can get a lot more in a cup, here" and I got like two or three small cans of pineapple juice into a glass and that was the best part about the whole food ordeal thing. The VIP party in Providence is actually INSIDE the theatre in a banquet hall or something and I heard they cater so I mean I hope there's gonna be some good snacks. But I always go out and get something to eat before hand

conk or bepis
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I figured it probably wasn't much better. Like your show, the bar at mine was great. They had no shortage of different kinds of drinks, alcoholic or not. I had already eaten before the show, so I just got a soda from the bar (cost me $4 or $5, but I figured what the hell, it's a once in a lifetime experience) and chilled out. There was also an area near the bar that had a few catered food dishes for sale. They had a certain theme to them to go along with the show (I think one dish was "Waffle King" chicken and waffles, for example) and looked good. As you can imagine, they were pretty expensive, though. I only saw people buying drinks and not food, though.

I'd definitely eat before you go. I just asked about the food because I remembered reading somewhere (pretty sure it wasn't here, maybe on Reddit?) about a VIP ticketholder discussing the food situation in painstaking detail. They made it sound like the most depressing moment of their life. I felt bad for laughing, but it was hilarious to read. :lol:

At the very least, hopefully you meet up with some other great fans. That would've been nice at my show, but nobody from here attended, from what I remember. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

Yep! Gonna be meeting up with NH Weird Al Fan early on and then split off with DrSteggy and Elvis to meet them at the VIP party

conk or bepis
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Sounds awesome! I love hearing about (and seeing, if any pics are shared) everyone meeting up and having a blast! Have fun! :D
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

senorconebra wrote:Yep! Gonna be meeting up with NH Weird Al Fan early on and then split off with DrSteggy and Elvis to meet them at the VIP party

You'll also be meeting RecipeFor Disaster who posts here sporadically. Definitely come introduce yourself! I missed you in Lowell. I'm not 100% sure of what I'm wearing, but if the last element for my costume fails to show up tomorrow, I'll be dressed like a Nirvana cheerleader.
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
senorconebra
Be jealous.

Post by senorconebra »

Awesome!!! Can't wait. If you guys get in the city early let me know!! I'm going to be grabbing lunch with a few people and you guys are all welcome to join us

conk or bepis
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

We have lunch plans at a place called Malted Brewery
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

DrSteggy wrote:We have lunch plans at a place called Malted Brewery
You probably mean The Malted Barley, which is about 2 blocks from the venue. They mostly serve beer and soft pretzels. There is a small menu of pretzel sandwiches available.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford