The Weird Al Says Tweet!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: The Weird Al Says Tweet!

Post by yankochick38 »

He did sing a song about Pac-Man a long, long time ago, so it's not entirely unthinkable. :V
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Al is very supportive of his friends endeavours, so it's very likely that's why he tweeted the RIGHT2GAME. I'm sure his wife supports her friend, Jamie Lee Curtis as well, regardless of if she's into gaming herself.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I don't think you necessarily need to be a gamer yourself to want to support a campaign that aims to help people not feel looked down upon for liking the thing they like. ^_^

It wouldn't surprise me if he were into video games though. He seems like the type to have at least one of the Nintendo consoles/handhelds lying around.
Love and peace.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I know he owned a PS3 at one point, and he was given a Xbox one on a show.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Sappho wrote:I don't think you necessarily need to be a gamer yourself to want to support a campaign that aims to help people not feel looked down upon for liking the thing they like. ^_^
I guess I wasn't really aware that gamers were still oppressed. They've become kinda the norm from my point of view. One of the most subscribed channels on Youtube is Pewdiepie at almost 41 million subscribers, and pretty much all he does is play video games. That's pretty much the only kind of content I really watch on Youtube even is people playing video games; they're kind of like TV shows of their own. It's cool that this campaign exists I guess, it probably just would have been better to have in like the '80s or 90's or even the '00s. I feel like everyone's pretty much mellowed out about video games now.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

yankochick38 wrote:I guess I wasn't really aware that gamers were still oppressed. They've become kinda the norm from my point of view.
If I judged the humanity based on my social circle, it would seem very intelligent, reasonable, and rather tollerant and chill, but then I accidentally interact with some random people and OMG what a bunch of imbeciles :blink: . So I'm not surprised to hear some people are bullied because of gaming, although I too haven't seen that happening.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

Well, oppressed is kind of a strong word, and you're right that it's not as much as it used to be, but "aren't you a bit too old to still be playing video games" is still a thing, even though the average age of video gamers is now actually 30something. I personally haven't experienced it either, but I'll admit that is at least partly because I don't usually volunteer that information to people who aren't either gamers themselves or my friends already. Because, yeah, I'm kinda worried that they'll make fun of me for it, whether or not that fear is justified.

Because there are still a lot of people out there, particularly people who aren't into games themselves and/or of an older generation, who still see video games as just a kids thing. (For example those parents who ignore the ratings and buy GTA games for their 7-year old son and then get outraged when they find out it's not suitable for kids...) And particularly because I'm a woman as well as a gamer, which is, even within the gamer community, still not completely accepted by everyone.
Love and peace.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

It appears Al has done his first show in Australia. XD

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/6 ... 0748439552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love and peace.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Sappho wrote:It appears Al has done his first show in Australia. XD

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/6 ... 0748439552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I couldn't help but notice that Al was wearing what appeared to be a plain brown/tan shirt (w/what almost looks like a name tag) under his Tacky jacket.

At first I thought he might have added Skipper Dan back to the set list until I realized how awkward that might look or how stupid of a thing that would be to do.

Perhaps he just added it as part of a more permanent "costume" for LCTF or (more likely) they were so rushed to start the show they just didn't have a regular Hawaiian shirt handy.

Maybe the shirt was part of a simple non descript "costume" for a brand new song he chose to debut in Australia but that has to be the least likely option.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I found a video of him doing tacky, and the shirt seems to be his FWP outfit (with the tie). I also found a picture of him doing NTWICP in the shirt and tie. My guess is that to save time, they did Tacky, Polka, FWP, Foil, and so on. When he was at Governors Ball, he wore the shirt and tie for the opening (Polka) and went right into Foil, so it seems likely that this was just a way to save some time in the set.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic