Weird Al's Biggest Fan

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: Weird Al's Biggest Fan

Post by ludovica64 »

Maybe I'm in the running, as I have been to the US (from UK) 4 times specifically for Al concerts and AlFest. I even went to Manchester in HEAVY SNOW which was much less enjoyable than going to the USA I can tell you. I deserve a medal for that one.

Seriously, I don't think there is a "biggest fan" People celebrate Al in different ways and to presume to some heirarchy in a fandom is one of the quickest ways to kill off people's enjoyment of it. You can only measure how long you have been a fan, but that is no indication of the lengths you would go to. I'd say I have put in a MASSIVE amount of time and money (relative to my extremely low income) into being a fan, but only in the last 6 years. I am not a "do things by halves" person, but there are things I would never even be tempted to do (eg, have a tattoo) because that's just not my personal style. We all have our own styles and all are valid and should not be quantified or judged as one being more, or less than another.
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Re: Weird Al's Biggest Fan

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

ludovica64 wrote:Seriously, I don't think there is a "biggest fan" People celebrate Al in different ways and to presume to some heirarchy in a fandom is one of the quickest ways to kill off people's enjoyment of it.
My thoughts exactly!