Happy Birthday, Al!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!

Post by weird_el »

Click here if you want to go to 2006

Click here for 2007.

========================================================

On the outside chance that he may lurk here (and what better time than now) I'd love to wish Al a very happy birthday!

I'd also like to thank him for being at the center of two of the best things that happened to me this year. Alcon III and the shows in Orange County were wonderful in every way. I love that feeling of joy that lasts for days after I've had the pleasure of being around him.

THANKS AL!
Much love
El
This means something. This is important.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hey Al! If you are in lurk mode, WAY happy birthday.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing one of your live shows or meeting you, but I look forward to both.

Best wishes, happiness, health and laughter to you and Suzanne in the coming year.

Thanks for making my life so much more fun!

Eagerly awaiting the next AL-bum.

Happy Birthday! Oy, gevalt! I'm so ferklempt that I could plotz!

Love,

Scottidog

II Pet. 3:18
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Happy Birthday to the one and only Alfred Matthew Yankovic. May you continue to entertain, enjoy life, and be the all-around great person that you are.

And, here's a Happy 5th Anniversary to Weirdal.com, run by another awesome individual!

If I may, I'd like to close these well wishes with a quote from a hero of mine.....

"Life is a great thing. You live once, love what you do. You'll live to a long, healthy life."
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I don't have much to say but "Happy Birthday!"
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here in Southern California it's just past midnight, so that means it's October 23 and a very important day has finally arrived....

Yes, it's the day when the swallows traditionally pack their tiny little bags and leave Capistrano.

Oh, that's right. It's also Al Yankovic's birthday. Seems like an appropriate time to post something I found in the local newspaper:

QUOTE If today is your birthdate, the stars say:  

You have a melodious voice and enjoy singing in or out of the shower. You possess a sense of drama, are personable and appealing in numerous ways. You encourage talent in others, enjoy participating in creative endeavors.

I'm profoundly glad that Al is on the planet (thanks, Mary! Thanks, Nick! You did good!) and I wish him all joy.
Justmac
Occasional

Post by Justmac »

Happy Birthday AL!

You sure have made my life brighter. So much so, I have to wear shades 8) .

I wish you all the happiness in the world, you certainly deserve it. May your special day be filled with love and laughter and a great big piece of cake (hey, it's your brithday).

Thank you for everything. :inlove:

Love,

Debby

:stupid:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Oh... did I mention that that amazing birthday prediction was for people born on October 15th?

I just couldn't bring myself to post the prediction for the right date. Not for the author of "Your Horoscope For Today."

Anyway, Al, the stars do say you're an exciting and wonderful person... and so do the rest of us who aren't famous at all. May love, joy and peace be yours always.
MeruWScissors27
Occasional

Post by MeruWScissors27 »

Happy

My creativity returned just in time to start my project! :yell:

Here is, in my opinion, the best line so far:

QUOTE With another year, comes another truckload of laughs and more displays of Al fandom, not to mention a new album in the works.

~Rhyda~

~Local Al Fan and Newbie Dementite~
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Happy birthday, Al!

You have filled my life with so much and I wish you a very happy birthday. Eat all th cake you want, it's your birthday! This only happens once a year!

Hope all your wishes come true!

-CindyBob

:stupid:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I see that the "Overboard" comic strip (the one about the pirates) ran an accordion joke on Al's birthday.

"Spotting an old, out-of-tune accordion in a re-sale shop...fifty dollars. Sheet music so you can play for hours and hours and hours... twelve dollars. Finding the accordion unattended...priceless." As overboard it goes.

At least Chip Dunham specified an old, out-of-tune accordion.

Think I'll listen to a few polka medleys when I get home.