Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: Generic Al Blather

Post by AlejandraDD »

It's doubly insulting because I take his comment as "oh, I totally DOUBT you know EVERY Weird Al song" with the even more implied "because you are a girl and you can't really have the same interests as a guy". See "Fake Geek Girls paranoia"
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

AlejandraDD wrote:It's doubly insulting because I take his comment as "oh, I totally DOUBT you know EVERY Weird Al song" with the even more implied "because you are a girl and you can't really have the same interests as a guy". See "Fake Geek Girls paranoia"
Yes. EXACTLY this. Thank you. I feel like I get those types of comments on tinder more than I should. <_<
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

yankochick38 wrote:I feel like I get those types of comments on tinder more than I should. <_<
Tinder or wherever, you shouldn't be getting those types of comments AT ALL. Nobody should, for that matter. Those kinds of comments are just plain disrespectful.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Enlee

Post by Enlee »

The other night I had trouble falling asleep because "Foil" was stuck in my head.

Yeah, I'm weird like that (no pun intended). :rolleyes:
Never trust anyone who reads only one book.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I have a few inquiries. IDK where this belongs but......

Is there another thread like "Drooling Over Weird Al" that hasn't been archived?

Does anyone on this forum do Livestreams? I remember in the drooling over WA subject there were a few Algals who discussed LS ing the Weird Al Show.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Now we have YankoChick Central
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Yeah a few years ago we used to get into a group call on a site (I don't even remember what it's called tbh) and live stream TWAS. It was lit
conk or bepis
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

WAIT HEY i just read your signature and you were at PPAC??? ME TOO!!! I was in the front row left side of the orchestra pit. I was the one that screamed during TSB and Al stopped and then everyone else screamed. It was awesome
conk or bepis
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

LaikaComeHome wrote:I have a few inquiries. IDK where this belongs but......

Is there another thread like "Drooling Over Weird Al" that hasn't been archived?

Does anyone on this forum do Livestreams? I remember in the drooling over WA subject there were a few Algals who discussed LS ing the Weird Al Show.
Like others have said, we now have Yankochick Central! I retired Drooling Over Al a while ago and the yankochick community is less prudish and more inclusive now. :w
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

senorconebra wrote:WAIT HEY i just read your signature and you were at PPAC??? ME TOO!!! I was in the front row left side of the orchestra pit. I was the one that screamed during TSB and Al stopped and then everyone else screamed. It was awesome
Yeah, I don't remember. I had balcony seats and I was just wearing a Hawaiian top and purple shorts, so I wasn't too recognizable/memorable.

Does anyone want to start a stream group or anything?
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.