Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Post by Elvis »

Well, hey how ya doin', have a seat, have a drink.
Boy it's good to see you, what can I say?

When raised the $40,000 needed to sponsor Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, we knew this day would come, and it's finally here, and it's so exciting! Today we sent sponsorship fee for Al's Star off to Hollywood. Literally... the check's in the mail!

Next steps are securing a date for the ceremony, and location for the star, and I can assure you Al and his manager have been working with the folks in Hollywood to shore those up. We'll share any info as soon as we are allowed!

Hope to see as many of you as we can at the ceremony this summer! We couldn't have done it without all you amazing contributors!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

I am beyond excited to be able to go to the ceremony! I have my boss on notice so that when the date is announced, she will immediately schedule me off for a few days!

My first trip to L.A., and I can't think of a better reason!!!
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Attn Weird Al Star Fund contributors -- we want to hear from YOU!

Are you planning to attend Al's star ceremony in person? If you think or know that you will be there, please RSVP to [email protected] as we've been asked by the Walk of Fame people to help them gauge how many fans will be attending so they can accommodate the street situation at the ceremony as best as possible.

Second, we also want to make sure we have the latest and greatest contact info for all the Weird Al Star Fund contributors. So whether you plan to attend or not, if you are a contributor and haven't heard from Vikki recently, or aren't sure she has your latest contact info, please also contact [email protected] so we can make sure that your contact info is up to date!

Thanks for all your help on these matters! Hope to see you all this summer!

Dave
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

All three Minnicks will be there. Also in Disneyland in the preceding days so if you see us say hi!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Has the date been announced?
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

It doesnt get announced until a week or so before

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

:accordion: I'm so excited to be able to go to the ceremony. I have already sent my email to Vikki. When will she be contacting us? I just want to make sure she got my rsvp.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this a reality!! :hug:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Just a reminder -- if you plan to attend the star ceremony in person, please, it's important to RSVP to [email protected] as any minute now, we will need to provide an accurate count, so that the last couple of pieces can fall into place for the ceremony!

Dave
Elvis wrote:Attn Weird Al Star Fund contributors -- we want to hear from YOU!

Are you planning to attend Al's star ceremony in person? If you think or know that you will be there, please RSVP to [email protected] as we've been asked by the Walk of Fame people to help them gauge how many fans will be attending so they can accommodate the street situation at the ceremony as best as possible.

Second, we also want to make sure we have the latest and greatest contact info for all the Weird Al Star Fund contributors. So whether you plan to attend or not, if you are a contributor and haven't heard from Vikki recently, or aren't sure she has your latest contact info, please also contact [email protected] so we can make sure that your contact info is up to date!

Thanks for all your help on these matters! Hope to see you all this summer!

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

We're thrilled to announce that Al will receive his star on AUGUST 27, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. PDT!

When: Monday, August 27, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. PDT
Where: 6914 Hollywood Blvd (across the street from the Chinese Theater)
How: Attend in person, or stream live on http://www.walkoffame.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Al's ceremony will happen on August 27, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. PDT. There is a public viewing area that is free for everybody to enjoy. There are no seats, admission fees or reservations required. Space is available on a first come basis. The ceremony will last about 45 minutes to an hour. If you can't attend in person, the ceremony will be streamed live on the Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce website.

Al's star will be located at 6914 Hollywood Blvd. It is on the south side of the street across from the Chinese Theater. The star points east. His star is in the second row, closest to the buildings, His immediate neighbors in the second row are Barry White to the east, and Toshiro Mifune to the west. His immediate neighbors in the original row are Roy Clark to the east and Irving Reis to the west.

The celebrity presenters will be Thomas Lennon and Dr. Demento.

Visit us at http://www.weirdalstar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details!

:yay:

Dave
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis wrote: His immediate neighbors in the second row are Barry White

Well of course...gotta keep those sex gods together......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?